problem during installation

Rohit bhargav Peesa

I have windows 10 on my laptop but installation window says it isn't ready for windows 10?

So what do I do now?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: problem during installation

nrjank
On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Rohit bhargav Peesa
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have windows 10 on my laptop but installation window says it isn't ready
> for windows 10?
>
> So what do I do now?

Many people have successfully installed and run Octave under Windows
10. The notice simply refers to the fact that there isn't sufficient
testing available to determine with confidence how well it will run,
or if all features will work properly. (E.g., we know that a couple of
the optional packages currently have installation/update problems,
etc.) Please go ahead and use it and let us know if you run into any
problems.

Nick J.

Re: problem during installation

yamane
<[hidden email]> wrote:
...The notice simply refers to the fact that there isn't sufficient
testing available to determine with confidence how well it will run,
or if all features will work properly. (E.g., we know that a couple of
the optional packages currently have installation/update problems,
etc.) Please go ahead and use it and let us know if you run into any
problems.

The biggest problem is because some maintainers don't follow the bug report.

Other problem: my messages never arrive at the help-octave mailing list.

Best regards,
Renato