problem in submitting assignment

SAUMYA CHAUHAN
Dear Sir,
I have joined the machine learning course on courser. I am not able to submit my project as in octave submit() function is not working it is giving error message as "error: `submit' undefined near line 3 column 1". I tried many solutions but neither worked, I tried to install different version but then also it didn't worked. I am lacking behind about two weeks. Please help me out. I have windows 10 installed in my laptop.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you
Saumya Singh Chauhan

Re: problem in submitting assignment

NJank
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 5:15 AM, SAUMYA CHAUHAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Sir,
I have joined the machine learning course on courser. I am not able to submit my project as in octave submit() function is not working it is giving error message as "error: `submit' undefined near line 3 column 1". I tried many solutions but neither worked, I tried to install different version but then also it didn't worked. I am lacking behind about two weeks. Please help me out. I have windows 10 installed in my laptop.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you
Saumya Singh Chauhan

ok, first recognize that Octave is not affiliated with Coursera or this class, so we're not in the best position to help you. But we've had a number of people make similar requests to the help list, so let's see if this is a simple fix:

from the transcript, my guess is that you are given a series of files to download and work on in each assignment.  Then, there is supposed to be a submit() function you can call to actually submit the assignment.

The error you are getting "error: 'submit' undefined"  means Octave simply can't find the submit function.  So can you (1) verify that there is a submit.m file located in the folder with the assignment, (2) verify that you are currently 'in' that folder when you try to submit it.  A function not built into Octave or otherwise in the path (list of places Octave knows to look for functions) must be in the current working directory.  You can find out where you are by typing 'pwd' (for print working directory) or look in the Octave folder tree in the upper left of the GUI.  if you are in the correct folder, you should be able to see all of the files located there in the same GUI folder tree, or you can use either the 'dir' or 'ls' commands to list the names of all the files in your current location.

So, once you're sure you are in the right place, and you can see all of the files, do you see a submit.m file? If so, try to submit again.  If not, then you are missing a file that you seem to need to get from Coursera somehow, and I don't think the Octave list will be able to help further unless someone else on this mailing list has done this Coursera course and can provide more input.

Nick J.

Re: problem in submitting assignment

Thomas D. Dean-2
On 05/19/2017 02:15 AM, SAUMYA CHAUHAN wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> I have joined the machine learning course on courser. I am not able to
> submit my project as in octave submit() function is not working it is
> giving error message as "error: `submit' undefined near line 3 column
> 1". I tried many solutions but neither worked, I tried to install
> different version but then also it didn't worked. I am lacking behind
> about two weeks. Please help me out. I have windows 10 installed in my
> laptop.
> Waiting for your reply.
> Thank you
> Saumya Singh Chauhan

submit is not an octave function, it is supplied by your institution.

search for 'machine learning coursera submit octave'

Look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqOIO_1AR4'