problem with xlswrite

Hi there,

I need to report the results of an experiment in an excel worksheet that
also contains additional information.
I just need to fill in some of the cells in the worksheet and leave this
additional information untouched.

I'm using the following code:

status = xlswrite (fnout, OUT_olci, input_parameters.sheet, "B5:H5");

fnout is a string containing the name of the output file;
OUT_olci is a 1x7 double array
input_parameters.sheet is a string containing the name of worksheet

The problem is that, after running my octave code when I open fnout with
libreoffice, I find that OUT_olci has been properly written in the correct
cells, but all the additional information has been deleted.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks in advance,

below are my current settings:

octave:1> ver
GNU Octave Version: 4.2.1
GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
Operating System: Linux 4.11.12-100.fc24.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 21 17:35:20
UTC 2017 x86_64
Package Name   | Version | Installation directory
           io *|  2.4.10 | ..../octave/io-2.4.10

Sent from:

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info: