problems compiling 1.1.1 under hpux9.03

SANDS-3
I'm having troubles getting octave 1.1.1 to compile on our HP 7xx
running hpux9.03. I go through the same motions that normally
work on sparcs and the decstation but the build seems to get stuck
during the liboctave part. In particular it keeps making the .d files
from the .cc files over and over and over.

I'm using gnu make 3.7 and gcc 2.6.3 with libg++2.6.1. I can send other
information but these machines are not on the network so it's non-trivial
to do so.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Scott Sands

Re: problems compiling 1.1.1 under hpux9.03

John Eaton-4
[hidden email] wrote:

: I'm having troubles getting octave 1.1.1 to compile on our HP 7xx
: running hpux9.03. I go through the same motions that normally
: work on sparcs and the decstation but the build seems to get stuck
: during the liboctave part. In particular it keeps making the .d files
: from the .cc files over and over and over.

Check the system clock.  Is the date set correctly?  You said it was
not on a network, so it may be that it is way off, and even though you
are creating the .d files, they are still out of date.

jwe