problems compiling with libg++ 2.7.14 (fwd)

problems compiling with libg++ 2.7.14 (fwd)

Eric Lawrence-2
I've been trying to compile under Linux 2.0 with g++ 2.7.2, and libg++
2.7.14, but I've had no success.

During the compile of CColVector.cc, and more specifically the mx-* files, I
get a plethora of error messages concerning the Complex type.  I did a little
research, and I've found that the older Complex.h declared Complex as a
class, while the include files in 2.7.14 declare it as a typedef
complex<double>.  This would make all the class Complex declarations wrong,
and I think this is the source of the problem.

Has anyone else tried to compile octave with the newer g++/libg++?

Eric Lawrence -- [hidden email]

Re: problems compiling with libg++ 2.7.14 (fwd)

Eyssele Helmut

Eric Lawrence wrote:

> From [hidden email] Fri Jun 28 10:36 MET 1996
> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 00:48:12 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Eric Lawrence <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: problems compiling with libg++ 2.7.14 (fwd)
>
> I've been trying to compile under Linux 2.0 with g++ 2.7.2, and libg++
> 2.7.14, but I've had no success.
>
> During the compile of CColVector.cc, and more specifically the mx-* files, I
> get a plethora of error messages concerning the Complex type.  I did a little
> research, and I've found that the older Complex.h declared Complex as a
> class, while the include files in 2.7.14 declare it as a typedef
> complex<double>.  This would make all the class Complex declarations wrong,
> and I think this is the source of the problem.
>
> Has anyone else tried to compile octave with the newer g++/libg++?

Yes, I have, but I applied the patches for gcc 2.7.0 and 2.7.1 and the
compilations went ok.

      __   ______ Helmut EYSSELE
     / /  / ____/ Bosch Telekom GmbH
    / /__/ /__ 71520 Backnang, GERMANY