problems installing/running

xxxxx yyyyy
hi!

I'm getting this message when I'm trying to run octave.
script: octave.vbs
line: 51
char: 3
error:0x800700d8
code: 800700d8
source: (null)

I just installed it and it says my system has no JRE. I don't know if that's the reason I can't run it

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: problems installing/running

tmacchant
-- entity. wrote:

> hi!
> I'm getting this message when I'm trying to run octave.
> script: octave.vbs
> line: 51
> char: 3
> error:0x800700d8
> code: 800700d8
> source: (null)
>
> I just installed it and it says my system has no JRE. I don't know if that's the reason I can't run it

Hang up of octave on windows at start up has been reported in many times.
There have not reported definite solutions.
Try unistall octave, reboot PC, and re-install.
Sometimes it makes a trick if you are lucky.

JRE is required if you use features that require Java. The way for installing the JRE can be found on Internet by searching using keywords : JRE. Oracle and windows.

Tatsuro