Quantcast

sorry but it does not seem that I can register

sorry but it does not seem that I can register

tudor badea
Hi I am trying to install octave on a

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
version 10.11.6 (15G1217)
OS X El capitan

using either home-brew or Macports, installation is successful, but the octave GUI keeps freezing.

At the command line (over the home-brew installation), I get this:

objc[53070]: Class QCocoaPageLayoutDelegate is implemented in both /opt/local/libexec/qt4/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /usr/local/opt/qt@5.7/lib/QtPrintSupport.framework/Versions/5/QtPrintSupport.

One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Tried to install in the absence of either one of the two resources and the program abborts with code 5 saying it is missing the one I have taken away.

I am not a computer expert, so a detailed explanation would be helpful.

Thank you,

Tudor

Re: sorry but it does not seem that I can register

Sebastian Schöps
tudor badea wrote
using either home-brew or Macports, installation is successful, but the octave GUI keeps freezing.
when does it exactly freeze?

However, if you do not need the graphical user interface, do the following:

1. open terminal.app (e.g. press [cmd]+[space] and type terminal followed by enter)
2. type octave-cli (and press enter)

Kind regards
Sebastian