[statistics] new release

JuanPi
Hi all,

Arno is not the maintainer of statistics any more. I got no answer
about my request regarding the development of packages and the current
(unneeded, in my view) burden for developers/maintainers.

I guess then it is up to the people who changed the workflow in the
statistics package update cycle, to make a new release.
I would propose my self to do it but, I am not accepting the current
extra work imposed by the new workflow (nor its implications).

This might damage the whole project if it is not done soon.

Regards

--
JuanPi Carbajal
https://goo.gl/ayiJzi

-----
"Why is thought, being a secretion of the brain, more wonderful than
gravity, a property of matter?"
- C. Darwin

RE: [statistics] new release

John Donoghue-3
I can probably a look over the next few days, if no one else wants or can
get to it sooner.

JohnD

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 11:50:39 +0200
> From: JuanPi <[hidden email]>
> To: Maintainers GNU Octave <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [statistics] new release
>
> Hi all,
>
> Arno is not the maintainer of statistics any more. I got no answer
> about my request regarding the development of packages and the current
> (unneeded, in my view) burden for developers/maintainers.
>
> I guess then it is up to the people who changed the workflow in the
> statistics package update cycle, to make a new release.
> I would propose my self to do it but, I am not accepting the current
> extra work imposed by the new workflow (nor its implications).
>
> This might damage the whole project if it is not done soon.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> JuanPi Carbajal
> https://goo.gl/ayiJzi

RE: [statistics] new release

John Donoghue-3
The current statistics repo has most of the changes already made thanks to
Olaf Till.

The remaining ones I see are:

mad.m (currently in the old statistics) is now in stable octave so should be
conditionally installed.

Table is conditionally installed, but according the octave NEWS, should be
renamed crosstab

And a few errors:

wienrnd: when running with no args, gives an error of 't' undefined

logistic_regression with no args gives 'y' undefined