textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04

textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04

wienerschnitzel
hello,
I'm trying to use textable:
<nabble_embed> >> A=[1 2 3; 4 5 6] A = 1 2 3 4 5 6 >> textable(A) error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined error: called from textable at line 111 column 5 </nabble_embed>

This is after I installed and loaded miscellaneous package, which depends on general package.

Am I missing something else?

Re: textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04

Mike Miller-4
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:03:14 -0700, wienerschnitzel wrote:

> hello,
> I'm trying to use textable:
>
> >> A=[1 2 3; 4 5 6]
> A =
>
>    1   2   3
>    4   5   6
>
> >> textable(A)
> error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined
> error: called from
>     textable at line 111 column 5
>

> This is after I installed and loaded miscellaneous package, which depends on
> general package.
>
> Am I missing something else?
Only that the miscellaneous package has not seen a release since 2014.
It still uses the obsolete inputParser from the general package before
Octave 4.0 was released in 2015.

Please take the time to report a bug so that this will be fixed in a
future release of the miscellaneous package

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

Re: textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04

wienerschnitzel
hello Mike,
thanks for confirming.
bug has been reported in savannah, bug#51781.

-andre

Re: textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Mike Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:03:14 -0700, wienerschnitzel wrote:
>> hello,
>> I'm trying to use textable:

>> A =
>>
>>    1   2   3
>>    4   5   6

>> error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined
>> error: called from
>>     textable at line 111 column 5
>>

>> This is after I installed and loaded miscellaneous package, which depends on
>> general package.
>>
>> Am I missing something else?
>
> Only that the miscellaneous package has not seen a release since 2014.
> It still uses the obsolete inputParser from the general package before
> Octave 4.0 was released in 2015.
>
> Please take the time to report a bug so that this will be fixed in a
> future release of the miscellaneous package
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave
>
> --
> mike
I think I fixed it in the dev version.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51781

[resolved] textable not working in octave 4.0.0 ubuntu 16.04

wienerschnitzel
Thank you Juan - I pulled the textable.m file from the repo and it worked.