time of operation

asha g

 I have a script file which is as follows :

Calculation of V:
Function files associated with that

Calculation of  Va :
One function file associated with that

Calculation of Vc:
Function files associated with that

Commands to save and plot V,Va and Vc wrt X.

 When I just run a script file with V and Va it takes me only 8000 steps at my given deltaT to get a match between V and Va.

But in the above script with all three, it goes to 120,000 steps.

I am wondering if there is some thing wrong with what I have written when I write all three together.

I am attaching the script  files  sans all the function files for you to look at.

cabunpanumcent2oct - V, Va and Vc
cabunpa2sevoltNoct2 - V, Va

Thanks

Asha

cabunpanumcent2oct.m (9K) Download Attachment
cabunpa2sevoltNoct2.m (5K) Download Attachment

Re: time of operation

CdeMills
asha g wrote

I am wondering if there is some thing wrong with what I have written when I write all three together.

I am attaching the script  files  sans all the function files for you to look at.

cabunpanumcent2oct - V, Va and Vc
cabunpa2sevoltNoct2 - V, Va
Hello,
1) both scripts just can't run -- they're missing at least `voltseoct_cabunpa'
2) according to your description, it looks like a convergence failure . Without knowing how the computation is performed, it's difficult to guess what's wrong.
3) I suggest you to start from a simple case, to put the convergence criterion in such a state that the number of iteration is very low, then check intermediate results, see if they make sense, and so on. Then set the convergence criterion in such a way to increase the number of steps, and see how they scale. Maybe your complete case doesn't converge at all ?

Regards

Pascal

Re: time of operation

asha g
I have not sent all the function files as that would be too much. If you run with all that- they both run.
The point is that the one with V and Va converges at niter = 8000
and V, Vc and Va converges only at niter = 120,000.
why should that be the case ?
I am wondering if something is wrong with my code or it is something else.

Asha