Quantcast

warning: Octave language extension used:

warning: Octave language extension used:

babelproofreader
I am getting cryptic warnings such as:

warning: Octave language extension used: ! used as operator near line 51 offile /usr/local/share/octave/4.2.1/m/general/repmat.m

for both the Octave supplied functions and when I run some of my own scripts. What does this mean, and should I be worried about it?

Re: warning: Octave language extension used:

Olaf Till-2
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 05:03:25AM -0700, babelproofreader wrote:
> I am getting cryptic warnings such as:
>
> warning: Octave language extension used: ! used as operator near line 51
> offile /usr/local/share/octave/4.2.1/m/general/repmat.m
>
> for both the Octave supplied functions and when I run some of my own
> scripts. What does this mean, and should I be worried about it?

If you have an unpatched octave-4.2.1 version, you must have given the
command

warning ("on", "Octave:language-extension")

for your octave session somehow, maybe in a startup file. If it's in a
startup file, either delete it or revert it by

warning ("off", "Octave:language-extension")

As for what this warning means, type

warning_ids

from the octave prompt.

Olaf