workshop and sessions for OctConf 2018

Carnë Draug
Hi everyone

As you know, the Octave conference will happen soon, March 12-15 [1].
We are planning it to be mainly workshops, unconference, and code
sprint sessions.

We are looking for feedback on our pick of workshops and ideas for
more.  The ones we are currently considering are:

  * creating Octave packages
  * using Octave in C++ programs
  * hacking the Octave GUI
  * using mercurial
  * navigating Octave core source
  * hacking the interpreter
  * profiling

Please let us know which of those you would be interested and suggest
new ones.

If there's a workshop you would like to give, or a topic you would
like to discuss, please let us know too.  Preferably on the mailing
list so we can get more feedback from everyone.

Thank you

The OctConf committee

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: workshop and sessions for OctConf 2018

Ankit

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 5:22 AM, Svetlana Tkachenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not attending; ideas that might be interesting:

- Internationalization of GNU Octave (this already exists, may need a review or expansion)?
- Internationalization of existing GNU Octave docs (nonexistant)?
- GNU Octave GUI documentation where it may easily be expanded and illustrated (nonexistant)?

I was also thinking for same.. That looks nice idea. Most of the GSoC participants are  bit uncomfortable with docs. IMO it needed to be reviewed.

-- Sveta