workshop and sessions for OctConf 2018

Carnë Draug
Hi everyone

As you know, the Octave conference will happen soon, March 12-15 [1].
We are planning it to be mainly workshops, unconference, and code
sprint sessions.

We are looking for feedback on our pick of workshops and ideas for
more.  The ones we are currently considering are:

  * creating Octave packages
  * using Octave in C++ programs
  * hacking the Octave GUI
  * using mercurial
  * navigating Octave core source
  * hacking the interpreter
  * profiling

Please let us know which of those you would be interested and suggest
new ones.

If there's a workshop you would like to give, or a topic you would
like to discuss, please let us know too.  Preferably on the mailing
list so we can get more feedback from everyone.

Thank you

The OctConf committee

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: workshop and sessions for OctConf 2018

Svetlana Tkachenko-2
I am not attending; ideas that might be interesting:

- Internationalization of GNU Octave (this already exists, may need a review or expansion)?
- Internationalization of existing GNU Octave docs (nonexistant)?
- GNU Octave GUI documentation where it may easily be expanded and illustrated (nonexistant)?

-- Sveta

On 4 February 2018 at 17:27, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> As you know, the Octave conference will happen soon, March 12-15 [1].
> We are planning it to be mainly workshops, unconference, and code
> sprint sessions.
>
> We are looking for feedback on our pick of workshops and ideas for
> more.  The ones we are currently considering are:
>
>   * creating Octave packages
>   * using Octave in C++ programs
>   * hacking the Octave GUI
>   * using mercurial
>   * navigating Octave core source
>   * hacking the interpreter
>   * profiling
>
> Please let us know which of those you would be interested and suggest
> new ones.
>
> If there's a workshop you would like to give, or a topic you would
> like to discuss, please let us know too.  Preferably on the mailing
> list so we can get more feedback from everyone.
>
> Thank you
>
> The OctConf committee
>
> [1] https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

If you are attending OctConf and are interested in any of the
workshops and sessions, please let us know.  If you don't tell us,
then we can't prepare them.

Thank you
Carnë