xlsread in Octave.

Anudeep
Hello All,

Configuration:
Windows 7
Octave 4.2.1
IO Package 2.4.5

I am having trouble in using xlsread function in Octave. I went through this post,

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Importing-data-from-excel-file-td4672917.html#a4673091

Search for package list shows, io package available. As "PhilipNienhuis" suggested in the previous post about the required "windows package" he suggested to use,

cd ( [ OCTAVE_HOME  filesep  "src"])
pkg  install  -auto  windows-1.2.1.tar.gz

to install from the Octave installation directory,

I am not quite sure how to do that.

Am I supposed to run those in the command line or Octave.

Either way I'm getting the following error

"error: C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.1\src: No such file or directory" --> Octave command line

"The system cannot find the path specified" --> Command line

Am I missing something else?

Thanks in Advance.

Re: xlsread in Octave.

tmacchant
--- anudeep.varada

> Hello All,
>
> Configuration:
> Windows 7
> Octave 4.2.1
> IO Package 2.4.5
>
> I am having trouble in using xlsread function in Octave. I went through this
> post,
>
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Importing-data-from-excel-file-td4672917.html#a4673091
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Importing-data-from-excel-file-td4672917.html#a4673091>
>
> Search for package list shows, io package available. As "PhilipNienhuis"
> suggested in the previous post about the required "windows package" he
> suggested to use,
>
> cd ( [ OCTAVE_HOME  filesep  "src"])
> pkg  install  -auto  windows-1.2.1.tar.gz
>
> to install from the Octave installation directory,
>
> I am not quite sure how to do that.
>
> Am I supposed to run those in the command line or Octave.
>
> Either way I'm getting the following error
>
> "error: C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.1\src: No such file or directory" --> Octave
> command line
>
> "The system cannot find the path specified" --> Command line
>
> Am I missing something else?
>

> Thanks in Advance
windows binary ships pre-build io and windows packages.

before use packages, you have to load them.

>> pkg load io windows

before use of io packge.

Tatsuro