xlswrite problem on Windows

Athanatos
I'm using 64bit Octave, 4.2, on windows as provided here
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/

I've made a program to extract some data from a game file.
I want to extract said data to a spreadsheet.

I have made an array with the data and meant to use xlswrite to write the array to a file.
This is my code
http://pastebin.com/mMVyQczt
This is the file I'm extracting the data from
http://pastebin.com/DJ36xbLB

First time I get an error concerning xlswrite

Õºwarning: Functions for spreadsheet style I/O (.xls .xlsx .sxc .ods .dbf .wk1
etc.)  are provided in the io package.  See <http://octave.sf.net/io/>.

Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'xlswrite' undefined near line 33 column 1
error: called from
    extractplatforms at line 33 column 1

Running the command, pkg list, shows that the io package is present, I even found the xlswrite.m file.
I copied the file to my active folder to workaround octave not finding it.

Now I receive this error

error: 'r_extnd' undefined near line 171 column 27
error: called from
    xlswrite at line 171 column 3
    extractplatforms at line 33 column 1

After searching the error I found these posts
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?49656
http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/io/file/tip/inst/xlswrite.m

From which I downloaded a fixed version of xlswrite and replaced my own.

This makes a new error in

error: 'parse_sp_range' undefined near line 185 column 36
error: called from
    xlswrite at line 185 column 34
    extractplatforms at line 33 column 1

I've also tried to download the io package from https://octave.sourceforge.io/io/ and use the xlswrite.m from that, but that just reverts the error to

error: 'r_extnd' undefined near line 171 column 27
error: called from
    xlswrite at line 171 column 3
    extractplatforms at line 33 column 1

At this point I'm stuck and I've found no further posts that might help.

I'd really appreciate any help and possibly even make a permanet fix in case this isn't limited to my case only?

Re: xlswrite problem on Windows

tmacchant
to load intalled packge for use, please use pkg load command

pkg load io

before you use io packge.

Tatsuro

Re: xlswrite problem on Windows

Andreas Weber-6
Am 23.02.2017 um 23:43 schrieb Athanatos:

> First time I get an error concerning xlswrite
>
> warning: Functions for spreadsheet style I/O (.xls .xlsx .sxc .ods .dbf
> .wk1
> etc.)  are provided in the io package.  See <http://octave.sf.net/io/>.
>
> Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
> contribute missing functionality.
> error: 'xlswrite' undefined near line 33 column 1
> error: called from
>     extractplatforms at line 33 column 1
>
> Running the command, pkg list, shows that the io package is present, I even
> found the xlswrite.m file.

Have you loaded it?

pkg load io

http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#I_have_installed_a_package_but_still_get_a_.22foo_undefined.22_error