2D Surface Plot

josgau33
Hello all,

Hopefully someone here can help me. Basically, I have three sets of data, each set contains 1084 data points.

The data corresponds to:

Elevation angle
Observed range deviation
Temperature

Basically, what I want to do, is create a 2D plot, with 'Elevation angle' as my X-axis, and 'Temperature' as my Y-axis. I want the plot to be colored, with the color denoted by the "Observed range deviation" data set (with a bar denoting the values on the side). Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this in Octave? (I have version 3.0.1)

So far I have tried using surface plots and what not, but I do not want a 3D surface. I just want a 2D surface with the color bar for different intensities.

Thank you for your help,

Joseph

Re: TRS Surface Plot

Claudio Belotti-3
Jospeh,

> Basically, what I want to do, is create a 2D plot, with 'Elevation angle' as
> my X-axis, and 'Temperature' as my Y-axis. I want the plot to be colored,
> with the color denoted by the "Observed range deviation" data set (with a
> bar denoting the values on the side). Does anyone have any ideas on how to
> do this in Octave? (I have version 3.0.1)

I guess you want to use
pcolor or contour/contourf

try
help pcolor
help contourf at the prompt to see how to use the commands

Claudio

Re: TRS Surface Plot

Michael Grossbach
josgau33 wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Hopefully someone here can help me. Basically, I have three sets of data,
> each set contains 1084 data points.
>
> The data corresponds to:
>
> Elevation angle
> Observed range deviation
> Temperature
>
> Basically, what I want to do, is create a 2D plot, with 'Elevation angle' as
> my X-axis, and 'Temperature' as my Y-axis. I want the plot to be colored,
> with the color denoted by the "Observed range deviation" data set (with a
> bar denoting the values on the side). Does anyone have any ideas on how to
> do this in Octave? (I have version 3.0.1)
>
> So far I have tried using surface plots and what not, but I do not want a 3D
> surface. I just want a 2D surface with the color bar for different
> intensities.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> Joseph

I'm not sure but wouldn't