2d histrogram function and example

Mono Brezel
Hello all,

I am a new user of Octave and I am not familiar with the syntax yet, therefore my basic question. Is there any function similar to this one

I was not able to find examples in the documentation .

Thanks for your support.

Re: 2d histrogram function and example

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:23 AM Mono Brezel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I am a new user of Octave and I am not familiar with the syntax yet, therefore my basic question. Is there any function similar to this one

I was not able to find examples in the documentation .

Thanks for your support.

there is a hist3 in the statistics package
and there is a hist2d

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: 2d histrogram function and example

Mono Brezel
Hello Doug,

thanks for the fast response.

After installing the statistics package , I was able to run the hist3 example.
On the other hand, I am not able to find the hist2d function. Do I need to install any additional package?

Refer to  generated plots using python matplotlib:

Thanks Again for your help.

2d_Histogram.png (125K) Download Attachment
2d_polarhistogram.png (60K) Download Attachment

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM Mono Brezel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Doug,

thanks for the fast response.

After installing the statistics package , I was able to run the hist3 example.
On the other hand, I am not able to find the hist2d function. Do I need to install any additional package?

You have to install the plot pkg from -forge