3.0.4 rc2

Jaroslav Hajek-2
hi,

3.0.4 rc2 tarballs are available at
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/
I think 2 of the reported bugs for rc1 remain unfixed, both
windows-related. Unless anyone contributes a fix, I'm inclined to
ignore the bugs for 3.0.4.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert
Prague, Czech Republic
url: www.highegg.matfyz.cz

Re: 3.0.4 rc2

Rafael Laboissiere
* Jaroslav Hajek <[hidden email]> [2009-01-24 09:30]:

> 3.0.4 rc2 tarballs are available at
> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/
> I think 2 of the reported bugs for rc1 remain unfixed, both
> windows-related. Unless anyone contributes a fix, I'm inclined to
> ignore the bugs for 3.0.4.

This tarball, like he RC1 one, still contains lots of doc/interpreter/*.png
empty files, as I reported in
http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-January/010202.html

Is this bug too complicated to fix?  My free time is scarce right now,
otherwise I would take a look at the problem.

Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers,

Rafael

Re: 3.0.4 rc2

Jaroslav Hajek-2
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Rafael Laboissiere <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * Jaroslav Hajek <[hidden email]> [2009-01-24 09:30]:
>
>> 3.0.4 rc2 tarballs are available at
>> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/
>> I think 2 of the reported bugs for rc1 remain unfixed, both
>> windows-related. Unless anyone contributes a fix, I'm inclined to
>> ignore the bugs for 3.0.4.
>
> This tarball, like he RC1 one, still contains lots of doc/interpreter/*.png
> empty files, as I reported in
> http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-January/010202.html
>
> Is this bug too complicated to fix?  My free time is scarce right now,
> otherwise I would take a look at the problem.
>
> Thanks for your efforts.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Rafael

Maybe this is a problem with my gnuplot (4.3.0). I'll try to compile
something more recent.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert
Prague, Czech Republic
url: www.highegg.matfyz.cz

Re: 3.0.4 rc2

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
If I delete all empty pngs and re-run make all in this directory,
it will recreate the files mostly OK, except:

File extended.png does not have special fonts rendered.

File interpft.png has a key label trancated.

This is on Fedora 10 and pretty recent CVS snapshot of the gnuplot.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.

Re: 3.0.4 rc2

Marco Atzeri
--- Jaroslav Hajek ha scritto:

> hi,
>
> 3.0.4 rc2 tarballs are available at

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/
> I think 2 of the reported bugs for rc1 remain
> unfixed, both
> windows-related. Unless anyone contributes a fix,
> I'm inclined to
> ignore the bugs for 3.0.4.

Hi Jaroslav,
on cygwin 1.7 with gcc-4.3.2
no problem to compile and
only one failed test and the feedback is puzzling

/pub/cygports/octave/octave-3.0.4-2/src/octave-3.0.4/scripts/specfun/nchoosek.m
  ***** assert (nchoosek(100,45), bincoeff(100,45))
!!!!! test failed
error: assert (nchoosek (100, 45),bincoeff (100, 45))
expected
 6.1448e+28
but got
 6.1448e+28
values do not match

I assume there is a tolerance issue.

> cheers
>
> --
> RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek

Marco Atzeri
octave cywin mantainer

Re: 3.0.4 rc2

tmacchant
Hello

The below was the same what I reported the second error which I reported for RC1

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-January/010175.html

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --- Jaroslav Hajek ha scritto:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > 3.0.4 rc2 tarballs are available at
> >
> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/
> > I think 2 of the reported bugs for rc1 remain
> > unfixed, both
> > windows-related. Unless anyone contributes a fix,
> > I'm inclined to
> > ignore the bugs for 3.0.4.
> >

> Hi Jaroslav,
> on cygwin 1.7 with gcc-4.3.2
> no problem to compile and
> only one failed test and the feedback is puzzling

> /pub/cygports/octave/octave-3.0.4-2/src/octave-3.0.4/scripts/specfun/nchoosek.m
>   ***** assert (nchoosek(100,45), bincoeff(100,45))
> !!!!! test failed
> error: assert (nchoosek (100, 45),bincoeff (100, 45))
> expected
>  6.1448e+28
> but got
>  6.1448e+28
> values do not match
>
> I assume there is a tolerance issue.
>
> > cheers
> >
> > --
> > RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
>
> Marco Atzeri
> octave cywin mantainer

--------------------------------------
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/

Re: 3.0.4 rc2 (mingw gcc 3.4.5)

tmacchant
Hello

I have tested 3.0.4 rc2 by mingw 3.4.5.

Integrated test scripts:

  c:\usr\Tatsu\mingwhome\octaves\octave-3.0.4RC2\src\ov-fcn-handle.cc  PASS    2/3    FAIL 1
  c:\usr\Tatsu\mingwhome\octaves\octave-3.0.4RC2\scripts/miscellaneous\fileparts.m  PASS    3/9
FAIL 6

  PASS   4053
  FAIL      7

Was the change in fileparts.m made in the deveiopment branch?
So in the 3.0.4, the previous (perhaps temporal) patch that I have shown to be attached by maintainers
of windows version ?

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-January/010179.html

Regards

Tatsuro