3D interpolation

Ericbarnhill
Hi, I was working with some of Octave's interpolation methods. I see that some interpolation options available in interp2 are not yet available in interp3 or interpn and these are listed as not supported. I believe I could add this functionality and would be interested to contribute.

I do not see a feature request in the savannah bug list for these unsupported options, even though the doc mentions them and says they are not yet supported. So should I submit a "feature request" along these lines, then submit a .diff to my feature request when I am done?

Once I am acclimated to the code I would also be happy to work on the handful of open bugs that appear to have accumulated for interp3 and interpn .

Previously, I submitted a patch for the dicom tarball that appears to have gone ignored, so I would like to make sure I am doing this in the right way.

Thanks, Eric

Re: 3D interpolation

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Ericbarnhill
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I was working with some of Octave's interpolation methods. I see that
> some interpolation options available in interp2 are not yet available in
> interp3 or interpn and these are listed as not supported. I believe I could
> add this functionality and would be interested to contribute.
>
> I do not see a feature request in the savannah bug list for these
> unsupported options, even though the doc mentions them and says they are not
> yet supported. So should I submit a "feature request" along these lines,
> then submit a .diff to my feature request when I am done?
>
> Once I am acclimated to the code I would also be happy to work on the
> handful of open bugs that appear to have accumulated for interp3 and interpn
> .
>
> Previously, I submitted a patch for the dicom tarball that appears to have
> gone ignored, so I would like to make sure I am doing this in the right way.
>
> Thanks, Eric

Go ahead Eric, the improvements will be welcomed.
I think there is an option "Sumit" under "Patch" in the tracker. I
think this might be better than "feature request", but lets hear the
true devs.

Re: 3D interpolation

Carnë Draug
On 3 October 2016 at 09:15, Ericbarnhill <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
> Previously, I submitted a patch for the dicom tarball that appears to have
> gone ignored, so I would like to make sure I am doing this in the right way.

I am unsure about the maintainer status of the dicom package.  The package
maintainer last changed the repository 2 years ago.

Carnë