A problem with octave.org

Michael Godfrey
I noticed as of yesterday that in our local internet
service area (NY) as provided by Optimum the following DNS
resolutions are being made:

octave.org and www.octave.org  resolve to: 173.212.56.205
This is a site which pretends to be Octave.  I complained
but also put the correct addresses in my hosts tables.

In any case, if someone complains that octave.org seems to
be broken, this could be a cause.

Since there is no real control over DNS servers it is hard
to guess how to get this fixed.  It will likely go away by itself
someday.

Michael

Re: A problem with octave.org

Richard Crozier
On 20/11/2013 21:38, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:

> I noticed as of yesterday that in our local internet
> service area (NY) as provided by Optimum the following DNS
> resolutions are being made:
>
> octave.org and www.octave.org  resolve to: 173.212.56.205
> This is a site which pretends to be Octave.  I complained
> but also put the correct addresses in my hosts tables.
>
> In any case, if someone complains that octave.org seems to
> be broken, this could be a cause.
>
> Since there is no real control over DNS servers it is hard
> to guess how to get this fixed.  It will likely go away by itself
> someday.
>
> Michael

FYI I currently see the same thing from Edinburgh in the UK.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.