About licensing

Cristian Napole
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am Cristian Napole and I am thinking about setting up an engineering company. I would like to know about the possibilities to become an Octave agent since the initial step it would be to provide education services.

Best regards,

Cristian Mario Napole

-Aeronautical Engineer

-Automotive Mechatronics Engineer

Tel:+34 603 019 718

Re: About licensing

siko1056
On 6/25/20 5:12 AM, Cristian Napole wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am Cristian Napole and I am thinking about setting up an engineering
> company. I would like to know about the possibilities to become an
> Octave agent since the initial step it would be to provide education
> services.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Cristian Mario Napole*

Dear Cristian Mario Napole,

What is your understanding of "Octave agent"?  And what is the question
of yours (your subject line is "About licensing")?

Kai

Re: About licensing

Cristian Napole
Dear Mr. Kai Torben Ohlhus,

Thank you very much for the prompt response. I am thinking about giving courses related to Octave (as well as engineering services), so I would like to know if it is possible to become an Octave agent: I am not quite sure if there is a partner's network (such as companies who work with the software and the can show up the software in much formal way) of Octave, but in case that there exists, I would like to become part of that net.

Best regards,

Cristian Mario Napole

-Aeronautical Engineer

-Automotive Mechatronics Engineer

Tel:+34 603 019 718

On 6/25/20 5:12 AM, Cristian Napole wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am Cristian Napole and I am thinking about setting up an engineering
> company. I would like to know about the possibilities to become an
> Octave agent since the initial step it would be to provide education
> services.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Cristian Mario Napole*

Dear Cristian Mario Napole,

What is your understanding of "Octave agent"?  And what is the question
of yours (your subject line is "About licensing")?

Kai

Re: About licensing

Nicklas Karlsson
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am Cristian Napole and I am thinking about setting up an engineering company. I would like to know about the possibilities to become an Octave agent since the initial step it would be to provide education services.

My experience is nobody is interested in any kind of engineering work. Spent six of my best years at University and are in doubt it was worth it, especially as situation is right now.

Re: About licensing

nrjank
Administrator
On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 12:05 PM N <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am Cristian Napole and I am thinking about setting up an engineering company. I would like to know about the possibilities to become an Octave agent since the initial step it would be to provide education services.

My experience is nobody is interested in any kind of engineering work. Spent six of my best years at University and are in doubt it was worth it, especially as situation is right now.

As an engineer who knows hundreds of other engineers at various stages of their career in an array of fields both significantly and less-significantly impacted by current economic conditions, I'll choose to disagree with that blanket statement.

Re: About licensing

Nicklas Karlsson
> > > Dear Sir or Madam,
> > >
> > > I am Cristian Napole and I am thinking about setting up an engineering
> > company. I would like to know about the possibilities to become an Octave
> > agent since the initial step it would be to provide education services.
> >
> > My experience is nobody is interested in any kind of engineering work.
> > Spent six of my best years at University and are in doubt it was worth it,
> > especially as situation is right now.
> >

> As an engineer who knows hundreds of other engineers at various stages of
> their career in an array of fields both significantly and
> less-significantly impacted by current economic conditions, I'll choose to
> disagree with that blanket statement.

So far I am currently not impacted by current economic conditions but it have had a severe impact on possibility to do things on weekends, money is less useful. I also consider the years spent on university as lost, very few womans and nothing fun.

Nicklas Karlsson

Re: About licensing

BGreen

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 1:34 PM N <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > I am Cristian Napole and I am thinking about setting up an engineering
> > company. I would like to know about the possibilities to become an Octave
> > agent since the initial step it would be to provide education services.
> >
> > My experience is nobody is interested in any kind of engineering work.
> > Spent six of my best years at University and are in doubt it was worth it,
> > especially as situation is right now.
> >
> As an engineer who knows hundreds of other engineers at various stages of
> their career in an array of fields both significantly and
> less-significantly impacted by current economic conditions, I'll choose to
> disagree with that blanket statement.

So far I am currently not impacted by current economic conditions but it have had a severe impact on possibility to do things on weekends, money is less useful. I also consider the years spent on university as lost, very few womans and nothing fun.

Cristian:
Octave is an open-source project and a volunteer-based effort. Similarly, this mailing list is all volunteers. To my knowledge, we do not have agents of any sort.

Nicklas:
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at a university. I would emphasize that the purpose of a university is education, not women. Those who enjoy learning, with social events as a secondary aspect of university life, are much more likely to enjoy universities.