About simulink

HASAN ÜTEBAY
Hi dear,
I am currently using matlab especially simulink for my MSC project. Is there any module as a simulink in your software ? Matlab is currently used for some project in my university. If you have any module as a simulink I will recommend your software to my university.

--
Hasan ÜTEBAY
Makine Mühendisi - Mechanical Engineer

Re: About simulink

Nicklas Karlsson
Think Scilab have. Worked a little bit more than ten year as an engineer and my experience is Simulink is not particularly useful though it give a good view of the signal path.

Difference between Simulink and ordinary programming language is to a large degree in Simulink equation is drawn as figures while using ordinary programming they are written in text. Then doing math I usually write in text with formatting, would be interesting if progamming language allowed LaTeX formatted variable names.

Guess Simscape or Modelica is more useful. For electric circuit or powe electronics I would prefer som kind of circuit simulator, they are always called spice for some reason. These are different since you do not have to the math yourself.

Regards Nicklas Karlsson

> Hi dear,
> I am currently using matlab especially simulink for my MSC project. Is
> there any module as a simulink in your software ? Matlab is currently used
> for some project in my university. If you have any module as a simulink I
> will recommend your software to my university.
>
> --
> Hasan ÜTEBAY
> Makine Mühendisi - Mechanical Engineer

Re: About simulink

nrjank

> Guess Simscape or Modelica is more useful. For electric circuit or powe electronics I would prefer som kind of circuit simulator, they are always called spice for some reason. These are different since you do not have to the math yourself.

that reason is it's an acronym:
SPICE = Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPICE)

 And no, Octave does not currently have a working Simulink / block-based system simulator equivalent.