Admin support for Octave Forge

siko1056
Dear Olaf,

Reading the OF release tracker [1], I would like to offer support for
getting releases done.  Testing the tarballs, reviewing the code, etc.

When I get the situation right, you are the only active "Octave Forge
admin" left, right?  Thank you for keeping the OF project running the
last years!

If you appreciate my help, can you provide "siko1056" [2] with the
necessary admin/developer rights?

Kai

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/423/
[2] https://sourceforge.net/u/siko1056/

Re: Admin support for Octave Forge

Olaf Till-2
On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 08:39:37PM +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> Dear Olaf,
>
> Reading the OF release tracker [1], I would like to offer support for
> getting releases done.  Testing the tarballs, reviewing the code, etc.
>
> When I get the situation right, you are the only active "Octave Forge
> admin" left, right?  Thank you for keeping the OF project running the
> last years!
>
> If you appreciate my help, can you provide "siko1056" [2] with the
> necessary admin/developer rights?
>
> Kai
>
> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/423/
> [2] https://sourceforge.net/u/siko1056/
Yes, gladly.

I'll do it this evening after some urgent things.

Olaf

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 08:20:34PM +0200, Olaf Till wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 08:39:37PM +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
> > Dear Olaf,
> >
> > Reading the OF release tracker [1], I would like to offer support for
> > getting releases done.  Testing the tarballs, reviewing the code, etc.
> >
> > When I get the situation right, you are the only active "Octave Forge
> > admin" left, right?  Thank you for keeping the OF project running the
> > last years!
> >
> > If you appreciate my help, can you provide "siko1056" [2] with the
> > necessary admin/developer rights?
> >
> > Kai
> >
> > [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/423/
> > [2] https://sourceforge.net/u/siko1056/
>
> Yes, gladly.
>
> I'll do it this evening after some urgent things.
>
> Olaf
Done, you have now admin- (and so also developer-) rights. If you need
some instructions, tell me and I send them off-list.

Olaf

On 10/1/20 3:28 AM, Olaf Till wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 08:20:34PM +0200, Olaf Till wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 08:39:37PM +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
>>> Dear Olaf,
>>>
>>> Reading the OF release tracker [1], I would like to offer support for
>>> getting releases done.  Testing the tarballs, reviewing the code, etc.
>>>
>>> When I get the situation right, you are the only active "Octave Forge
>>> admin" left, right?  Thank you for keeping the OF project running the
>>> last years!
>>>
>>> If you appreciate my help, can you provide "siko1056" [2] with the
>>> necessary admin/developer rights?
>>>
>>> Kai
>>>
>>> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/423/
>>> [2] https://sourceforge.net/u/siko1056/
>>
>> Yes, gladly.
>>
>> I'll do it this evening after some urgent things.
>>
>> Olaf
>
> Done, you have now admin- (and so also developer-) rights. If you need
> some instructions, tell me and I send them off-list.
>
> Olaf

Thank you Olaf 🙂  If there is confidential information available, I
would be happy to receive them off-list.

I started to make some book keeping and created a list in the wiki [1]
how to publish an OF release.  If your time permits, feel free to
add/correct items there.  I can access the OF webspace, thus in theory I
should be able to publish releases myself.  The first release I manage
will probably reveal lack of information.  Anyways, I will do my first
changes with care and backups 😇

Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Reviewing_Octave_Forge_packages#Admin_tasks

On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 01:26:55PM +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> On 10/1/20 3:28 AM, Olaf Till wrote:

> >> Yes, gladly.
> >>
> >> I'll do it this evening after some urgent things.
> >>
> >> Olaf
> >
> > Done, you have now admin- (and so also developer-) rights. If you need
> > some instructions, tell me and I send them off-list.
> >
> > Olaf
> >

> Thank you Olaf 🙂  If there is confidential information available, I
> would be happy to receive them off-list.
It's not confidential, I just wanted to limit list traffic to topics
of general interest. But there still may be something in this thread
which is of general interest, so I'll keep the list in. The attached
package-publishing-instructions are more or less the same I sent to
Mike some time ago.

> I started to make some book keeping and created a list in the wiki [1]
> how to publish an OF release.  If your time permits, feel free to
> add/correct items there.

Well, I never quite understood why such information is duplicated at
the wiki. Maybe because it's easier to edit at the wiki. There is
already such information at the OF webpage. If the wiki is preferred,
I'd suggest that the OF webpage just links to the wiki instead of
holding this information.

Similar with package documentation. Here, there were also efforts to
provide duplicated information at the wiki, and this was sometimes not
in sync with information from the package maintainer.

What regards my time, I can't pretend to be able to do much more in OF
administration now than an occasional package release.

Olaf

publish-instructions-2020.txt (1K) Download Attachment

On 10/1/20 4:56 PM, Olaf Till wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 01:26:55PM +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Olaf 🙂  If there is confidential information available, I
>> would be happy to receive them off-list.
>
> It's not confidential, I just wanted to limit list traffic to topics
> of general interest. But there still may be something in this thread
> which is of general interest, so I'll keep the list in. The attached
> package-publishing-instructions are more or less the same I sent to
> Mike some time ago.
>
>> I started to make some book keeping and created a list in the wiki [1]
>> how to publish an OF release.  If your time permits, feel free to
>> add/correct items there.
>
> Well, I never quite understood why such information is duplicated at
> the wiki. Maybe because it's easier to edit at the wiki. There is
> already such information at the OF webpage. If the wiki is preferred,
> I'd suggest that the OF webpage just links to the wiki instead of
> holding this information.
>
> Similar with package documentation. Here, there were also efforts to
> provide duplicated information at the wiki, and this was sometimes not
> in sync with information from the package maintainer.
>
> What regards my time, I can't pretend to be able to do much more in OF
> administration now than an occasional package release.
>
> Olaf

Thank you for the instructions Olaf.  Nobody can be blamed for limited
time able to spend, we are all volunteers =)

Right, I hope to reduce duplication where possible.

Kai