Are streameuler2d, streameuler3d internal functions?

Are streameuler2d, streameuler3d internal functions?

Rik-4
All,

I'm working on the documentation for the 6.1 release and checking that
every function that should be listed in the manual, is listed in the manual.

Does anyone know know enough about streameuler2d and streameuler3d to say
whether they are internal functions or not?  These functions are used by
the m-files streamline, stream2, stream3, and streamtube which makes me
think they are internal and could be renamed to have a leading "__" and
trailing "__".

--Rik

Re: Are streameuler2d, streameuler3d internal functions?

nrjank
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 1:19 PM Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

Does anyone know know enough about streameuler2d and streameuler3d to say
whether they are internal functions or not?  These functions are used by
the m-files streamline, stream2, stream3, and streamtube which makes me

checking matlab documentation, no hits come up on those two functions, none of the matlab function make any reference or have a 'see also' to those functions. so it seems officially turning those to internal functions should introduce no compatibility concerns.

Re: Are streameuler2d, streameuler3d internal functions?

mmuetzel
Am 12. Dezember 2019 um 18:13 Uhr schrieb "Rik":

> All,
>
> I'm working on the documentation for the 6.1 release and checking that
> every function that should be listed in the manual, is listed in the manual.
>
> Does anyone know know enough about streameuler2d and streameuler3d to say
> whether they are internal functions or not?  These functions are used by
> the m-files streamline, stream2, stream3, and streamtube which makes me
> think they are internal and could be renamed to have a leading "__" and
> trailing "__".

You are right. I made that change here:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d7dfab7045d9

Markus