Autocomplete doesn't work

Dominic
Hi

I ve installed on windows 10 octave 5.1.0

Normally there is a autocomplete function. Wenn you tipe in "ro" a list
with suggestions should be showed with for example "root"

But nothing happened.

What's wrong?

Thanks for your answer

Re: Autocomplete doesn't work

nrjank
> Normally there is a autocomplete function. Wenn you tipe in "ro" a list
> with suggestions should be showed with for example "root"

I assume you're referring to the Octave Editor?

this is a bug in v5.1.0. it has been fixed in the development source
but a new version including this fix has not been released yet.  See
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56122

Re: Autocomplete doesn't work

nrjank
On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 8:25 AM Dominic <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the editor and the command window.

Then I go back to version 4.0? Is there a big difference?

Please always reply all to keep the group copied in replies.

Here are the release notes from v5.  Some people are still using 4.4.1 for one reason or another. But there were quite a number of improvements and function additions.

Re: Autocomplete doesn't work

Dominic

Thank you for your answer

Because I like the autocompletion as a newby very much, I will use Version 4.4.1. Version 5.0 doesn't support this even the bug is fixed and Version 5.1 is not avaiable as stable built.