Availabiliry of Octave 3.8.x Windows binaries/installers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Availabiliry of Octave 3.8.x Windows binaries/installers

Rick
Dear Octave Maintainers,

I seem to recall that Octave 3.8 Windows binaries/installers used to be available from the main repository before (https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/), but now I can't seem to find any versions earlier than 4.0.0. Maybe I'm misremembering or have they possibly been removed or moved somewhere else? It would be nice if they were still accessible somewhere.

Best regards,

Rick
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Availabiliry of Octave 3.8.x Windows binaries/installers

siko1056
On 2/3/20 5:18 PM, Rick wrote:

> Dear Octave Maintainers,
>
> I seem to recall that Octave 3.8 Windows binaries/installers used to be
> available from the main repository before
> (https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/), but now I
> can't seem to find any versions earlier than 4.0.0. Maybe I'm
> misremembering or have they possibly been removed or moved somewhere
> else? It would be nice if they were still accessible somewhere.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rick

Dear Rick,

Maybe on Octave Forge you find what you are looking for


https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/

HTH,
Kai

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Availabiliry of Octave 3.8.x Windows binaries/installers

Rick
Dear Kai and Maintainers,

Thank you for the suggestion and link. Unfortunately it seems only versions up to <=3.6 is available on the Octave Forge, and versions >=4.0 on the official FTP. Is there any sources left for Octave 3.8 Windows binaries or have they been completely purged?

Best regards,

Rick


Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, February 3, 2020 3:54 PM, Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/3/20 5:18 PM, Rick wrote:
>
> > Dear Octave Maintainers,
> > I seem to recall that Octave 3.8 Windows binaries/installers used to be
> > available from the main repository before
> > (https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/), but now I
> > can't seem to find any versions earlier than 4.0.0. Maybe I'm
> > misremembering or have they possibly been removed or moved somewhere
> > else? It would be nice if they were still accessible somewhere.
> > Best regards,
> > Rick
>
> Dear Rick,
>
> Maybe on Octave Forge you find what you are looking for
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave Windows binaries/
>
> HTH,
> Kai



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Availabiliry of Octave 3.8.x Windows binaries/installers

Andreas Weber-6
Am 18.02.20 um 09:35 schrieb Rick:
> Thank you for the suggestion and link. Unfortunately it seems only versions up to <=3.6 is available on the Octave Forge, and versions >=4.0 on the official FTP. Is there any sources left for Octave 3.8 Windows binaries or have they been completely purged?

If I remember correctly that was the time when only externals built and
hosted the MXE builds (http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/ was such one and
http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/)

-- Andy

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Availabiliry of Octave 3.8.x Windows binaries/installers

Andreas Weber-6
Am 18.02.20 um 10:23 schrieb Andreas Weber:
> Am 18.02.20 um 09:35 schrieb Rick:
>> Thank you for the suggestion and link. Unfortunately it seems only versions up to <=3.6 is available on the Octave Forge, and versions >=4.0 on the official FTP. Is there any sources left for Octave 3.8 Windows binaries or have they been completely purged?
>
> If I remember correctly that was the time when only externals built and
> hosted the MXE builds (http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/ was such one and
> http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/)

archive.org has it:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150402161713/http://mxeoctave.osuv.de/