Bessel function

Michael Martins-2
Hello

I want to use the modified Bessel funktion besselk from specfun archive,
but this function needs the function
jybess,
which is not present in my version (2.0.9 AXP/OSF4.4 and Intel/Linux).
Where could I find this function ?

Ciao
        Michael

--
|\  /|  Dr. Michael Martins, Freie Universitaet Berlin
| \/ |  Institut fuer Experimentalphysik
| |\/|  Arnimallee 14,            Tel.: +49-30-838 2688
| |  |  D-14195 Berlin, Germany     Email: [hidden email]

Bessel function

John W. Eaton-6
On 10-Dec-1997, Michael Martins <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I want to use the modified Bessel funktion besselk from specfun archive,
| but this function needs the function
| jybess,
| which is not present in my version (2.0.9 AXP/OSF4.4 and Intel/Linux).
| Where could I find this function ?

I don't know where to find the function you are talking about.  Is it
not somewhere in the archive of contributed functions?

In any case, Octave 2.0.10 will have built-in bessel{i,j,k,y}
functions.

I can't say for sure when 2.0.10 will be available, but there have
been several test releases already.  If you are interested in trying
it out, you can find it on ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/test-releases.

If you do give this a try and you find bugs, please report them as
soon as possible, so that they can be fixed before the next release is
actually made.

Re: Bessel function

Dirk Eddelbuettel-3

Michael,

  Michael>  Hello I want to use the modified Bessel funktion besselk from
  Michael> specfun archive, but this function needs the function jybess,
  Michael> which is not present in my version (2.0.9 AXP/OSF4.4 and
  Michael> Intel/Linux).  Where could I find this function ?

jybess.m and jybess_d.m can be found at

ftp://ftp.tsc.uvigo.es/pub/octave/octave-1/contrib/m-files/specfun/jybess*.m

At least, that's where I found them. They are needed to complement the (very
highly recommended) octave-ci package. Octave-ci was written by Kurt Hornik
and his students; it adds over 190 very useful functions to Octave. It can be
found at

ftp://ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at/pub/octave/octave-ci.tar.gz

All it needs beside Octave are these two bessel functions. And as Octave
2.0.10 will contain bessel functions, this should soon become a moot point.

Regards, Dirk

--
[hidden email]                 According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.