Bessel functions

Eyal Doron
Hi,
   I've just completed a Bessel function routine for real orders and
complex arguments. I'll post it if anybody is interested. However,
in the same context I wanted to ask:

1) John, any chance of incorporating Bessel functions as builtin functions
   in Octave? I think the source for the bessel function MEX files
   of MATLAB (available on their server) is freely distributable,
   because they did not write it - its just a wrapper around a
   public domain set of FORTRAN routines.

2) Anybody got a routine for Hankel functions in the complex plane?

3) In general, I think the special function part of Octave is a bit weak.
   Maybe people can chip in with their routines, and John can integrate
   it into the next release?

Thanks,
    Eyal Doron

Bessel functions

Alexey Goldin
Eyal Doron writes:
 > Hi,
 >    I've just completed a Bessel function routine for real orders and
 > complex arguments. I'll post it if anybody is interested. However,

I wrote bessel functions for real orders and real and complex
argument for J,I,K,Y functions and Hankel functions of 1st and
second kind. I am using it for about 1.5 weeks and all seems
Ok. I'll add also Airy function ( just because bessel functions
use it anyway) and post a patch to interested. It uses Slatec
library, I'll include fortran sources. I'll post it in 2-3 days
if anyone is interested.