Bubble plot

Kyle Altendorf
Does octave have any sort of bubble plot function?  Along the lines of:

http://epa.gov/ncer/progress/images/X832541C003_07_001.jpg
http://www.geoafrica.co.za/reddog/gsw/grapher/3Dbubble.gif

I started to create a rough version by making multiple plot calls
using 'o' markers and varying sizes but figured I would ask if anyone
knows of a better way I haven't found in the documentation (or web
search) yet.  Maybe at least a disc (filled circle) rather than an
open one?  Alternatively, can you recommend another way to visualize
the diameters of a field of dots on a plane?  I would use surf (and
have for this previously) but some points are missing and I would
rather not fill them in with fake data.

Thanks for any pointers,
-kyle

Bubble plot

On 23-Feb-2010, Kyle Altendorf wrote:

| Does octave have any sort of bubble plot function?  Along the lines of:
|
| http://epa.gov/ncer/progress/images/X832541C003_07_001.jpg
| http://www.geoafrica.co.za/reddog/gsw/grapher/3Dbubble.gif
|
| I started to create a rough version by making multiple plot calls
| using 'o' markers and varying sizes but figured I would ask if anyone
| knows of a better way I haven't found in the documentation (or web
| search) yet.  Maybe at least a disc (filled circle) rather than an
| open one?  Alternatively, can you recommend another way to visualize
| the diameters of a field of dots on a plane?  I would use surf (and
| have for this previously) but some points are missing and I would
| rather not fill them in with fake data.

Take a look at the scatter function.