Building Octave w MXE-built dependencies (2)

12

Re: Building MXE / nettle

Michael Goffioul
On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Michael Goffioul <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Stefan Mahr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Could you be more specific which changeset broke compilation and under
>>> which system? I try to be careful not to interfere with the other build
>>> systems, but maybe I overlooked something.
>>
>> Changeset 9c56d108c141 and b39e8dc859f7:
>>
>> Maybe found the root cause: You add
>> +    MXE_CCAS := gcc
>> in Makefile.in to native build, but not to cross build.
>>

> That's indeed a leftover, but AFAIK MXE_CCAS variable is not used
> anywhere, so I don't see how this can be a problem.

Ok, you're right, adding MXE_CCAS doesn't fix the problem.

Your patch 'msvc-nettle-1.patch' introduce a variable CCAS to
'config.make.in'. In 'nettle.mk' you set CCAS=gcc for msvc builds. For
non-msvc builds (or at least at my system) CCAS is unknown, so compiling
will fail.

The real problem is that the mentioned patch should *not* be applied on non-MSVC system. Actually, I see that I made a mistake there [1]. This should use "$(MXE_SYSTEM)" instead of hardcoded "msvc". That's why the patch gets applied.

Michael.

Should be fixed with this:

Michael.

Re: Building MXE / nettle

Stefan Mahr

>>> Ok, you're right, adding MXE_CCAS doesn't fix the problem.
>>>
>>> Your patch 'msvc-nettle-1.patch' introduce a variable CCAS to
>>> 'config.make.in <http://config.make.in>'. In 'nettle.mk
>>> <http://nettle.mk>' you set CCAS=gcc for msvc builds. For
>>> non-msvc builds (or at least at my system) CCAS is unknown, so
>>> compiling will fail.
>>
>> The real problem is that the mentioned patch should *not* be applied
>> on non-MSVC system. Actually, I see that I made a mistake there [1].
>> This should use "$(MXE_SYSTEM)" instead of hardcoded "msvc". That's
>> why the patch gets applied.
>
> Should be fixed with this:
>
> http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/fd2f3cb4c360

Works now, thanks.