Can't get vector arrow symbol to show up on plots

Can't get vector arrow symbol to show up on plots

clustro
Hello there,

I cannot get the vector arrow symbol (among other things) to appear in the labels of my plots.

For example:

x = 1:10;
y = x.^2;
plot(x,y)
title('\vec{x}')

All that shows up in the title is "vecx", not an x with arrow over it.

I also cannot get bold fonts to appear. If I try:

title('\Sigma')

I get an uppercase Greek sigma letter. But, if I try:

title('\bf\Sigma')

Instead I get "/Verdana-bold <greek sigma>", where <greek sigma> is the correctly-printed uppercase Greek sigma letter symbol.

I have tried:

"set(0,'defaulttextinterpreter','latex'", as well as 'tex' and 'none'

I have also tried:

"set(gca,'interpreter','latex')", as well as 'tex' and 'none.

What gives? Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? :[

Thanks,

-Brad Ridder

Re: Can't get vector arrow symbol to show up on plots

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 25 April 2011 09:18, clustro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I cannot get the vector arrow symbol (among other things) to appear in the
> labels of my plots.

What Octave version, what OS, how did you install it, what plotting
backend are you using? (If you don't know, it's probably gnuplot).

Re: Can't get vector arrow symbol to show up on plots

clustro
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
What Octave version, what OS, how did you install it, what plotting
backend are you using? (If you don't know, it's probably gnuplot).
1. Octave version = 3.2.3

2. OS = Ubuntu 10.04.2

3. Installation method = I got Octave from the Ubuntu Software Center.

4. Plotting backend = gnuplot (at least, I am pretty sure it is. My plot windows, when minimized, show up on the bottom panel as "gplt")

Re: Can't get vector arrow symbol to show up on plots

clustro
Hello,

It has been some time and no one has responded. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

-Brad Ridder