Change the file-manger Octave uses to open files

RT

Change the file-manger Octave uses to open files

RT
I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 which I upgraded from 18.04 it upgraded Octave from 4.2 to 5.2 but it's still using the old File -manager open window.  How can I change this?

Image link below of Old file-manager
https://i.imgur.com/B5Zcp0a.png

The snap version of Octave uses this file-manager which is the one I want to use.
https://i.imgur.com/NBJhecm.png

|======================================================|
|======================================================|
"Knowledge may be the Key"
"But wisdom unlocks the door"
"Absolute Power demands absolutely nothing"

As the old maxim has it, you need find only one white crow to disprove the rule that all crows are black

"The bourgeois today burns as heretics and hangs as criminals those to whom he erects monuments tomorrow" ('Steppenwolf')

"There are two modes of being those in bliss and those seeking bliss,
may each step you take and each thought you make be made in a mindful and blissful state."
|======================================================|

Re: Change the file-manger Octave uses to open files

siko1056
On 10/6/20 1:35 PM, RT wrote:

> I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 which I upgraded from 18.04 it upgraded Octave
> from 4.2 to 5.2 but it's still using the old File -manager open window.
> How can I change this?
>
> Image link below of Old file-manager
> https://i.imgur.com/B5Zcp0a.png
>
> The snap version of Octave uses this file-manager which is the one I
> want to use.
> https://i.imgur.com/NBJhecm.png

Does (un)cheking the GUI setting "Edit" -> "Preferences" -> "General" ->
"Use native file dialogs" help?

Kai

RT

Re: Change the file-manger Octave uses to open files

RT
No it doesn't, I tried checking and unchecking (and restarting octave) to see if it would reset something and the same old dialog box appears any other ideas?