Classregtree

jdruiter
Hi,

Is classregtree available somewhere (in the dev branch)? I can't find it in octave.

Joris

Re: Classregtree

Mike Miller
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 14:21:34 -0700, jdruiter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is classregtree available somewhere (in the dev branch)? I can't find it in
> octave.

Have you tried to find it in a current version of Octave? Here is what I
see, I think the error message is quite clear and helpful:

  >> help classregtree
  error: help: the 'classregtree' function belongs to the statistics package from
  Octave Forge which you have installed but not loaded.  To load the
  package, run 'pkg load statistics' from the Octave prompt.

  Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
  contribute missing functionality.

  >> pkg load statistics
  >> help classregtree
  error: help: the 'classregtree' function belongs to the statistics package from
  Octave Forge but has not yet been implemented.

  Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
  contribute missing functionality.

So no, the function classregtree is not available in Octave nor in the
statistics package. Do you have an implementation you'd like to
contribute?

Re: Classregtree

jdruiter
Hey all,

The classdef structure I guess can be rewritten to old-fashioned classes in Octave. This is doable for me.

But.. Matlab's classregtree uses mexw32 / mexw64 binary file. Is this workable to port to Matlab? Has anyone ever ported such a mex file?

I am willing to pay anyone (in Bitcoin) if you can port a good classification tree algorithm to octave, prererably the classregtree of Matlab.

Joris

On 30 September 2014 03:13, Mike Miller [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 14:21:34 -0700, jdruiter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is classregtree available somewhere (in the dev branch)? I can't find it in
> octave.

Have you tried to find it in a current version of Octave? Here is what I
see, I think the error message is quite clear and helpful:

  >> help classregtree
  error: help: the 'classregtree' function belongs to the statistics package from
  Octave Forge which you have installed but not loaded.  To load the
  package, run 'pkg load statistics' from the Octave prompt.

  Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
  contribute missing functionality.

  >> pkg load statistics
  >> help classregtree
  error: help: the 'classregtree' function belongs to the statistics package from
  Octave Forge but has not yet been implemented.

  Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
  contribute missing functionality.

So no, the function classregtree is not available in Octave nor in the
statistics package. Do you have an implementation you'd like to
contribute?

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Classregtree-tp4666785p4666787.html
To unsubscribe from Classregtree, click here.
NAML

Re: Classregtree

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On Sat, 2014-10-04 at 21:53 +0200, Joris de Ruiter wrote:
> I am willing to pay anyone (in Bitcoin) if you can port a good
> classification tree algorithm to octave, prererably the classregtree
> of Matlab.

I might accept this offer, but classregtree looks like a pretty
complicated beast. Are we talking, say, 3 BTC if I had it ready today?
The price would change depending on the CAD <-> BTC exchange rate.

- Jordi G. H.

Re: Classregtree

jdruiter
Thanks

but I just got it working :)

On 5 October 2014 22:30, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, 2014-10-04 at 21:53 +0200, Joris de Ruiter wrote:
> I am willing to pay anyone (in Bitcoin) if you can port a good
> classification tree algorithm to octave, prererably the classregtree
> of Matlab.

I might accept this offer, but classregtree looks like a pretty
complicated beast. Are we talking, say, 3 BTC if I had it ready today?
The price would change depending on the CAD <-> BTC exchange rate.

- Jordi G. H.

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Classregtree-tp4666785p4666844.html
To unsubscribe from Classregtree, click here.
NAML

Re: Classregtree

jdruiter
I managed to got it working in Octave.

I would gladly contribute the code to the octave source base. However, it is 100% matlab code in .m files.

How can I prepare this without copyright infringements?

Joris

On 5 October 2014 22:29, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, 2014-10-04 at 21:53 +0200, Joris de Ruiter wrote:
> I am willing to pay anyone (in Bitcoin) if you can port a good
> classification tree algorithm to octave, prererably the classregtree
> of Matlab.

I might accept this offer, but classregtree looks like a pretty
complicated beast. Are we talking, say, 3 BTC if I had it ready today?
The price would change depending on the CAD <-> BTC exchange rate.

- Jordi G. H.

Re: Classregtree

c.-2

On 6 Oct 2014, at 19:25, Joris de Ruiter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I managed to got it working in Octave.
> I would gladly contribute the code to the octave source base. However, it is 100% matlab code in .m files.
> How can I prepare this without copyright infringements?

you can't, please don't post that code to any public forum.

> Joris
c.