Code written in older version of Octave running slower in the newer version

Code written in older version of Octave running slower in the newer version

Tom Mccutcheon
Hey all,

I have been working on an optimization project and I wrote the code in Octave 4.2.1. the problem is that I have to share it and on other peoples computers the code takes 90+ minutes to compile. On the laptop I wrote the code it only takes 8 seconds.

Re: Code written in older version of Octave running slower in the newer version

Doug Stewart-4

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 9:07 PM Tom Mccutcheon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I have been working on an optimization project and I wrote the code in Octave 4.2.1. the problem is that I have to share it and on other peoples computers the code takes 90+ minutes to compile. On the laptop I wrote the code it only takes 8 seconds.

You used the word "run"  in the title  and compile in the description.
What is it?

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Code written in older version of Octave running slower in the newer version

Andreas Weber-6
Am 09.07.19 um 00:29 schrieb Tom Mccutcheon:
> I have been working on an optimization project and I wrote the code in
> Octave 4.2.1. the problem is that I have to share it and on other
> peoples computers the code takes 90+ minutes to compile. On the laptop I
> wrote the code it only takes 8 seconds.

What exactly are you doing? What do you "compile"?

Am 09.07.19 um 15:08 schrieb Tom:
> Forgive me if I’m wrong but I though octave compiled line by line as it ran. Not a computer scientists so I may have made a mistake with the terminology. What’s happening is in the newest version of octave when my code calls glpk it takes 90 minutes before it’ll move to the next line

Hi Tom,
you have to add a MCVE (a minimal, complete and verifiable example).
Code which we can run. Without this it's just impossible to help.

-- Andy

PS: always keep the mailinglist in CC if initially asked there