Contributing to Octave

Sewwandi Wijayaratna
Hello,

I am Sewwandi, a graduate student. I would like to contribute to the Octave project. I have the experience in C/C++ and MATLAB programming. My development environment is Visual Studio in Windows 7.
Could you please let me know if I can participate in Octave development using this environment?
Thank you.

Sewwandi

Re: Contributing to Octave

Pascal Dupuis-4
<[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> I am Sewwandi, a graduate student. I would like to contribute to the Octave
> project. I have the experience in C/C++ and MATLAB programming. My
> development environment is Visual Studio in Windows 7.
> Could you please let me know if I can participate in Octave development
> using this environment?
> Thank you.

Hello Sewwandi,

you can find a non-exhaustive list of development topics at
http://wiki.octave.org/Projects

About VC and Win7, it can be done; see f.i.
http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows#Octave_with_Visual_Studio
but I fear this is not the simplest project to start with. I suggest
to get a first hand experience on linux systems.
Once you get acquainted with the build process, you will have some
comparison reference when switching to Win7.

Regards

Pascal