Control System TB Functionality

Kai Mueller
Hi all,

I am teaching a cource on robust control and would like
to use Octave for the examples. The students could
work on the examples on their computers as well as
on our workstations without license problems.

Therefore, I need the at least the functionality of Madlab's
"control system toolbox". Does anyone know if such
a collection of m-files exist?

I am very new to Octave. I hope this question has not been
asked many times.

If such software does not exist, my group and me will try
to contribute it.

Kai

--
 Kai P. Mueller
 Control Department (Regelungstechnik) | Phone [+49] (531) 391-3835

Re: Control System TB Functionality

A S Hodel
> From [hidden email]  Mon Sep 15 12:56:07 1997
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am teaching a cource on robust control and would like
> to use Octave for the examples. The students could
> work on the examples on their computers as well as
> on our workstations without license problems.
>
> Therefore, I need the at least the functionality of Madlab's
> "control system toolbox". Does anyone know if such
> a collection of m-files exist?
>
> I am very new to Octave. I hope this question has not been
> asked many times.
>
> If such software does not exist, my group and me will try
> to contribute it.
>
> Kai
>
> --
>  Kai P. Mueller
>  Control Department (Regelungstechnik) | Phone [+49] (531) 391-3835
>  Technical University Braunschweig     | Fax   [+49] (531) 391-5194
>  D-38092 Braunschweig                  | Email [hidden email]

Not quite released officially, the latest version of Octave's controls
toolbox is available at ftp://ftp.eng.auburn.edu/pub/hodel
in files beginning with the prefix OCST (octave control systems toolbox).
It's been fairly well tested, although I'd appreciate any bug reports.

A paper describing the toolbox contents is available in

@inproceedings{hodtenetal96,
   author    = {A. S. Hodel and R. B. Tenison and D. A. Clem and J. E. Ingram},
   title     = {The Octave Control Systems Toolbox: A ${\rm MATLAB^{tm}}$-like {CACSD} Environment},
   booktitle = {Proceedings of the 1996 {IEEE} International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design},
   pages     = {386--391},
   year      = {1996},
   month     = {Sept. 15-18},
   publisher = {{IEEE} Control Systems Society},
   address   = {Dearborn, Mich.}
}

I'm continuing development in my "spare" time (i.e., very slowly).