DDDD_to_D.cc.template in gsl package

Thomas Weber-3
Hi,

trying to compile the gsl package from SVN rev 11992, I am hitting an
error about redefinition of a function. It seems that the content of
DDDD_to_D.cc.template is doubled.
Now, this template was checked in in 2011 by Carne (cc'ed). Did
something change recently in Octave or did this indeed fail for the last
1.5 years with no bug report ever sent?

        Thomas

Re: DDDD_to_D.cc.template in gsl package

Carnë Draug
On 16 June 2013 16:25, Thomas Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> trying to compile the gsl package from SVN rev 11992, I am hitting an
> error about redefinition of a function. It seems that the content of
> DDDD_to_D.cc.template is doubled.
> Now, this template was checked in in 2011 by Carne (cc'ed). Did
> something change recently in Octave or did this indeed fail for the last
> 1.5 years with no bug report ever sent?
>
>         Thomas

I wouldn't be surprised if it was failing for the last 1.5 years. This
was done with r8745 after this thread [1]. The first time I applied
the patch (r8729) I forgot to add the new file. I'm guessing when I
applied the patch the second time, it just doubled the content. I just
commited (r11993) the fix. Could you please confirm that it's working
now?

Carnë

[1] http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/gsl-package-misses-some-hypergeometric-functions-td4634668.html

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 04:49:37PM +0100, Carnë Draug wrote:

> On 16 June 2013 16:25, Thomas Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > trying to compile the gsl package from SVN rev 11992, I am hitting an
> > error about redefinition of a function. It seems that the content of
> > DDDD_to_D.cc.template is doubled.
> > Now, this template was checked in in 2011 by Carne (cc'ed). Did
> > something change recently in Octave or did this indeed fail for the last
> > 1.5 years with no bug report ever sent?
> >
> >         Thomas
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if it was failing for the last 1.5 years. This
> was done with r8745 after this thread [1]. The first time I applied
> the patch (r8729) I forgot to add the new file. I'm guessing when I
> applied the patch the second time, it just doubled the content. I just
> commited (r11993) the fix. Could you please confirm that it's working
> now?

Yes, it builds. Thanks.
Next step: where can I find information about releasing a package that
has (like gsl) .cc files? The instructions at
        http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html
seem to not generate any configure at all and
        http://wiki.octave.org/Creating_packages
is essentially empty.

Thanks
        Thomas

On 20 June 2013 10:54, Thomas Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 04:49:37PM +0100, Carnė Draug wrote:
>> On 16 June 2013 16:25, Thomas Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > trying to compile the gsl package from SVN rev 11992, I am hitting an
>> > error about redefinition of a function. It seems that the content of
>> > DDDD_to_D.cc.template is doubled.
>> > Now, this template was checked in in 2011 by Carne (cc'ed). Did
>> > something change recently in Octave or did this indeed fail for the last
>> > 1.5 years with no bug report ever sent?
>> >
>> >         Thomas
>>
>> I wouldn't be surprised if it was failing for the last 1.5 years. This
>> was done with r8745 after this thread [1]. The first time I applied
>> the patch (r8729) I forgot to add the new file. I'm guessing when I
>> applied the patch the second time, it just doubled the content. I just
>> commited (r11993) the fix. Could you please confirm that it's working
>> now?
>
> Yes, it builds. Thanks.
> Next step: where can I find information about releasing a package that
> has (like gsl) .cc files? The instructions at
>         http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html
> seem to not generate any configure at all and
>         http://wiki.octave.org/Creating_packages
> is essentially empty.

The idea is that it's done exactly like all the other ones as long as
the Makefile works (see the miscellaneous package for the simplest
example).

Some packages may require a configure script (see the image package
for an example and the gsl seems to). If so, run bootscript (the gsl
still has an autogen.sh that should be renamed bootstrap) first. That
should be it. Each package needs slightly different things to be
released.

Carnë