Dealing with 3D models (meshes)

roaasoloh
Kindly I want to check if reading
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFF_(file_format)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFF_(file_format)>   is available, it's
similar to .Obj file somehow.

Wondering also about graph data structure (vertices, edges, and weights) in
Octave GNU.

Also, I'm asking about feature points extraction and descriptors regarding
3D objects.

Re: Dealing with 3D models (meshes)

siko1056
On 11/21/19 6:41 PM, roaasoloh wrote:

> Kindly I want to check if reading
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFF_(file_format)
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFF_(file_format)>   is available, it's
> similar to .Obj file somehow.
>
> Wondering also about graph data structure (vertices, edges, and weights) in
> Octave GNU.
>
> Also, I'm asking about feature points extraction and descriptors regarding
> 3D objects.

To my knowledge, there is no "native" support by GNU Octave.  I am not
familiar with the OFF-format [1] or the Obj-format ([2] probably).
Gabriel Peyré published some code on GitHub without license [3].  There
is a similar code on the ML File Exchange.

Regarding the remaining issues, you might take a look at the image
package [4].  For more detailed information, please describe your
problem in more detail, best with some code example attached.

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFF_(file_format)
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavefront_.obj_file