Dec Alpha and NaN

Frederic Gobry
How  do you compile octave on  a dec alpha ?  I mean, I had no trouble
compiling it, but I  just can't use NaN values  -> FP exception raised
immediatly, even when I try to print NaN's value !

I fact, I haven't managed to  compile any simple  C code using gcc and
quiet NaN values...

Did anyone know  if there are special  options to specify  in order to
have gcc handle IEEE floating points correctly ?

Thanks a lot,
Frederic

My configuration :

        gcc 2.7.2.2
        octave 2.0.9
        Alpha OSF1 v4.0

--
    Frederic GOBRY               IDIAP
                            Rue du Simplon 4,

Dec Alpha and NaN

John W. Eaton-6
On 31-Jul-1997, Frederic Gobry <[hidden email]> wrote:

| How  do you compile octave on  a dec alpha ?  I mean, I had no trouble
| compiling it, but I  just can't use NaN values  -> FP exception raised
| immediatly, even when I try to print NaN's value !
|
| I fact, I haven't managed to  compile any simple  C code using gcc and
| quiet NaN values...
|
| Did anyone know  if there are special  options to specify  in order to
| have gcc handle IEEE floating points correctly ?

Gcc 2.7.x and earlier doesn't fully support IEEE floating point on the
Alpha.  I believe that gcc 2.8.0 will, but I have no idea when that
will be released.

jwe