Different scales on left and right axes of the same plot

Different scales on left and right axes of the same plot

José Luis García Pallero
Hello:

I need to plot some data with different scales on y axes. Imagine for
example kilometers for the left axis and miles for right. And I also
need to plot some sets of data, so I need to use the hold('on')
feature.

I've tried to do it using plotyy, but the problem with this function
is that it breaks when is called after hold('on'). Also I encountered
this possible solution http://stackoverflow.com/a/2676244 but it not
works for me using Octave 3.6.2 nor 3.6.4 on Debian (the xticks for
the second plot still appears and the position of the second axes is
sligtly moved on x direction).

Anyone knows a possible solution?

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!

Re: Different scales on left and right axes of the same plot

c.-2

On 12 Oct 2013, at 14:05, José Luis García Pallero <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I need to plot some data with different scales on y axes. Imagine for
> example kilometers for the left axis and miles for right. And I also
> need to plot some sets of data, so I need to use the hold('on')
> feature.
>
> I've tried to do it using plotyy, but the problem with this function
> is that it breaks when is called after hold('on'). Also I encountered
> this possible solution http://stackoverflow.com/a/2676244 but it not
> works for me using Octave 3.6.2 nor 3.6.4 on Debian (the xticks for
> the second plot still appears and the position of the second axes is
> sligtly moved on x direction).
>
> Anyone knows a possible solution?
>
> Thanks

You could export your data with csvwrite and plot it with veusz: http://home.gna.org/veusz/
c.

2013/10/12 c. <[hidden email]>:

> On 12 Oct 2013, at 14:05, José Luis García Pallero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I need to plot some data with different scales on y axes. Imagine for
>> example kilometers for the left axis and miles for right. And I also
>> need to plot some sets of data, so I need to use the hold('on')
>> feature.
>>
>> I've tried to do it using plotyy, but the problem with this function
>> is that it breaks when is called after hold('on'). Also I encountered
>> this possible solution http://stackoverflow.com/a/2676244 but it not
>> works for me using Octave 3.6.2 nor 3.6.4 on Debian (the xticks for
>> the second plot still appears and the position of the second axes is
>> sligtly moved on x direction).
>>
>> Anyone knows a possible solution?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> You could export your data with csvwrite and plot it with veusz: http://home.gna.org/veusz/

Mmmm, it is mandatory to do the plots using GNU Octave or Matlab

Thanks

> c.

José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \

2013/10/12 c. <[hidden email]>:

> On 12 Oct 2013, at 14:05, José Luis García Pallero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I need to plot some data with different scales on y axes. Imagine for
>> example kilometers for the left axis and miles for right. And I also
>> need to plot some sets of data, so I need to use the hold('on')
>> feature.
>>
>> I've tried to do it using plotyy, but the problem with this function
>> is that it breaks when is called after hold('on'). Also I encountered
>> this possible solution http://stackoverflow.com/a/2676244 but it not
>> works for me using Octave 3.6.2 nor 3.6.4 on Debian (the xticks for
>> the second plot still appears and the position of the second axes is
>> sligtly moved on x direction).
>>
>> Anyone knows a possible solution?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> You could export your data with csvwrite and plot it with veusz: http://home.gna.org/veusz/