Does this project Using Python within Octave still exist in geoc this year?

Does this project Using Python within Octave still exist in geoc this year?

Shreena F romina
Hello!
I have seen your suggested project last year and I am interested in Using Python within Octave. Will this project still exist in gsoc this year? If so, I can start with this project soon to get familiar and contribute to it.

Re: Does this project Using Python within Octave still exist in geoc this year?

Nir Krakauer-3
We applied this year. Google is supposed to announce on Tuesday
whether we were selected.

The Python project is still listed as one that is potentially open:
https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started#Using_Python_within_Octave

Re: Does this project Using Python within Octave still exist in geoc this year?

Shreena F romina
Is this project very cold for applicant last several years as I have seen no one applied in this project?

Nir Krakauer <[hidden email]> 于2021年3月6日周六 下午10:35写道:
We applied this year. Google is supposed to announce on Tuesday
whether we were selected.

The Python project is still listed as one that is potentially open:
https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_-_Getting_Started#Using_Python_within_Octave

Re: Does this project Using Python within Octave still exist in geoc this year?

siko1056
On 3/7/21 12:44 AM, Shreena F romina wrote:
> Is this project very cold for applicant last several years as I have
> seen no one applied in this project?

What is your definition of a "cold project"?  Last year there were
applications for "Pythonic", but the potential mentors of that year were
not convinced by them.  If you are interested in this project and Octave
is selected as GSoC organization, show the potential mentors that you
are interested in it and that you are able to work on this project (Show
that you can make significant changes by working on open bugs, etc.).

HTH,
Kai