Dynamically linked C and Fortran Functions

Dynamically linked C and Fortran Functions

irc-3
We have a copy of 'octave1.0' running on HP700's and have found it to be
a good alternative to MATLAB. Interest has been shown in writing functions
in C or Fortran. I see that you may be working on this from the following
extract from file 'PROJECTS'

  * Allow functions to be loaded dynamically, and allow linking of
    user functions written in C++, C or Fortran.  Some work has been
    done to use dld for this, but other methods would be considered
    if a consistent interface can be designed.

Could you indicate when this facility would become available.

Also is there any plan to provide a GUI like 'Simulink'

           [hidden email]-mrc
               I.Climpson
                GEC-Marconi Research
                 Chelmsford
                  Essex
                   England

Re: Dynamically linked C and Fortran Functions

John Eaton-4

:
:   * Allow functions to be loaded dynamically, and allow linking of
:     user functions written in C++, C or Fortran.  Some work has been
:     done to use dld for this, but other methods would be considered
:     if a consistent interface can be designed.
:
: Could you indicate when this facility would become available.

This will work (with a few limitations) in 1.1.  I hope that it will
be fully functional and work on more platforms in 1.2.

I expect that 1.1 will be released very soon (I know I have said that
before, but this time I really mean it! :-)

: Also is there any plan to provide a GUI like 'Simulink'

I don't have any plans to do this myself.  If someone is interested in
working on something like this, please contact me.