Editor of octave ...

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Dear listmembers,
I just discovered that - though working on linux - the editor of octave 5.2
adds "^M" at the end of each and every line. Is this intentional?
Thank you very much,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza                    76131 Karlsruhe

Re: Editor of octave ...

José Abílio Matos

On Saturday, 21 March 2020 08.49.11 WET Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:

> Dear listmembers,

> I just discovered that - though working on linux - the editor of octave 5.2

> adds "^M" at the end of each and every line. Is this intentional?

> Thank you very much,

> take care

> Dieter Jurzitza

In the Editor in the lower bar it has information about the line, column, encoding and the end of line (EOL) marker. Probably that is set to Windows (CRLF) carriage return (CR) + line feed (LF). You need to change the that setting to Unix (LF).

--

José Matos

Re: Editor of octave ...

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Thank you, Jose,
I re-tried with a m-file from scratch and it did what I'd expect it to do. So
I must have unintentionally hit a button causing the CR-LF - mode in Unix ...
Thanks again,
take care

Dieter

Am Samstag, 21. März 2020, 11:32:57 CET schrieb José Abílio Matos:

> On Saturday, 21 March 2020 08.49.11 WET Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> > Dear listmembers,
> > I just discovered that - though working on linux - the editor of octave
> > 5.2
> > adds "^M" at the end of each and every line. Is this intentional?
> > Thank you very much,
> > take care
> >
> > Dieter Jurzitza
>
> In the Editor in the lower bar it has information about the line, column,
> encoding and the end of line (EOL) marker. Probably that is set to Windows
> (CRLF) carriage return (CR) + line feed (LF). You need to change the that
> setting to Unix (LF).

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza                    76131 Karlsruhe

Re: Editor of octave ...

Torsten Lilge
On Sat, 2020-03-21 at 13:14 +0100, Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> Thank you, Jose,
> I re-tried with a m-file from scratch and it did what I'd expect it to
> do. So
> I must have unintentionally hit a button causing the CR-LF - mode in
> Unix ...
> Thanks again,
> take care
>
> Dieter

You can use the editor to convert your files accidentally saved with
CRLF back to LF with menu "Edit" - "Format" - "Convert line ednings ..."

Torsten