Email notifications from bug tracker

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Email notifications from bug tracker

mmuetzel
Hello,

since about Friday evening, I no longer receive any email notifications from the savannah bug tracker of GNU Octave:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

The last notification email I received was from Friday, 2020 Oct 2 at 21:45 CEDT.

I looks like other group members don't receive any notifications either.

The list archive also doesn't receive updates:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2020-10/index.html

Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email notifications?

Thanks a lot for the support.

Markus


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

Carlo de Falco-2


> Il giorno 5 ott 2020, alle ore 14:39, Markus Mützel <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> Hello,
>
> since about Friday evening, I no longer receive any email notifications from the savannah bug tracker of GNU Octave:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
>
> The last notification email I received was from Friday, 2020 Oct 2 at 21:45 CEDT.
>
> I looks like other group members don't receive any notifications either.
>
> The list archive also doesn't receive updates:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2020-10/index.html
>
> Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email notifications?
>
> Thanks a lot for the support.
>
> Markus


It seems to be still down, I added two bugs today :

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?59228
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59225

but received no notification.

I also see newer bugs which I did not receive notification for ...

c.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

Ian Kelling
In reply to this post by mmuetzel
Markus Mützel <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> since about Friday evening, I no longer receive any email notifications from the savannah bug tracker of GNU Octave:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
>
> The last notification email I received was from Friday, 2020 Oct 2 at 21:45 CEDT.
>
> I looks like other group members don't receive any notifications either.
>
> The list archive also doesn't receive updates:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2020-10/index.html
>
> Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email notifications?
>

It looks like frontend1.savannah.gnu.org is not sending new bug messages
to eggs, probably something going wrong there. I see one post sent from
a normal person today that seemed to be processed find by eggs and
mailman. It was discarded due to the rules of the list. Adding Bob, as
he is probably the best person to look into the savannah side.

Oct 07 15:04:20 2020 (2314) Octave-bug-tracker post from [hidden email] held, message-id=<[hidden email]>: Post by non-member to a members-only list
Oct 07 15:04:34 2020 (30017) octave-bug-tracker: Discarded posting:
        From: [hidden email]
        Subject: test message
        Reason: Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF
https://fsf.org | https://gnu.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

mmuetzel
In reply to this post by Carlo de Falco-2
Am 06. Oktober 2020 um 16:07 Uhr schrieb "Carlo De Falco":

> > Il giorno 5 ott 2020, alle ore 14:39, Markus Mützel <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > since about Friday evening, I no longer receive any email notifications from the savannah bug tracker of GNU Octave:
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
> >
> > The last notification email I received was from Friday, 2020 Oct 2 at 21:45 CEDT.
> >
> > I looks like other group members don't receive any notifications either.
> >
> > The list archive also doesn't receive updates:
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2020-10/index.html
> >
> > Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email notifications?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the support.
> >
> > Markus
>
>
> It seems to be still down, I added two bugs today :
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?59228
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59225
>
> but received no notification.
>
> I also see newer bugs which I did not receive notification for ...
>
> c.

Following advice by Mike Miller, I opened a support request here:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?110327

Markus


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

Dmitri A. Sergatskov


On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 3:42 PM Markus Mützel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 06. Oktober 2020 um 16:07 Uhr schrieb "Carlo De Falco":
> > Il giorno 5 ott 2020, alle ore 14:39, Markus Mützel <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > since about Friday evening, I no longer receive any email notifications from the savannah bug tracker of GNU Octave:
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
> >
> > The last notification email I received was from Friday, 2020 Oct 2 at 21:45 CEDT.
> >
> > I looks like other group members don't receive any notifications either.
> >
> > The list archive also doesn't receive updates:
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2020-10/index.html
> >
> > Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email notifications?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the support.
> >
> > Markus
>
>
> It seems to be still down, I added two bugs today :
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?59228
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59225
>
> but received no notification.
>
> I also see newer bugs which I did not receive notification for ...
>
> c.

Following advice by Mike Miller, I opened a support request here:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?110327

Markus


I followed up to that and have not received a confirmation email (yet?).
So it looks like the problem is not specific to octave project.

Dmitri.
--

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

mmuetzel
In reply to this post by Ian Kelling
Am 07. Oktober 2020 um 21:34 Uhr schrieb "Ian Kelling":

> Markus Mützel <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > since about Friday evening, I no longer receive any email notifications from the savannah bug tracker of GNU Octave:
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
> >
> > The last notification email I received was from Friday, 2020 Oct 2 at 21:45 CEDT.
> >
> > I looks like other group members don't receive any notifications either.
> >
> > The list archive also doesn't receive updates:
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-bug-tracker/2020-10/index.html
> >
> > Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email notifications?
> >
>
> It looks like frontend1.savannah.gnu.org is not sending new bug messages
> to eggs, probably something going wrong there. I see one post sent from
> a normal person today that seemed to be processed find by eggs and
> mailman. It was discarded due to the rules of the list. Adding Bob, as
> he is probably the best person to look into the savannah side.
>
> Oct 07 15:04:20 2020 (2314) Octave-bug-tracker post from [hidden email] held, message-id=<[hidden email]>: Post by non-member to a members-only list
> Oct 07 15:04:34 2020 (30017) octave-bug-tracker: Discarded posting:
>         From: [hidden email]
>         Subject: test message
>         Reason: Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list.
>

Thank you for looking into this.

I also opened a support request which is probably a duplicate of this thread:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?110327

Markus

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

Bob Proulx
Markus Mutzel wrote:
> Am 07. Oktober 2020 um 21:34 Uhr schrieb "Ian Kelling":
> > > Could you please check if there is something wrong with the email notifications?
> >
> > It looks like frontend1.savannah.gnu.org is not sending new bug messages
> > to eggs, probably something going wrong there.

Yes.  The munin graphs show a steady increase in the size of the mailq
indicating a problem there.

For some reason systemd is running in degraded mode.

    root@frontend1:~# systemctl status
    + frontend1
        State: degraded
         Jobs: 0 queued
       Failed: 1 units

    root@frontend1:~# systemctl list-units --state=failed
      UNIT             LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION
    + opendkim.service loaded failed failed DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Milter

I kicked systemd to restart the service and things appear happy now.

    root@frontend1:~# systemctl status opendkim.service | head
    + opendkim.service - DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Milter
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/opendkim.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Wed 2020-10-07 17:17:30 EDT; 53s ago

Then I asked Postfix to run its queues and deliver queued messages.

    root@frontend1:~# postfix flush
    root@frontend1:~# tail -F /var/log/mail.log
    ...lots of activity...

This reduced the mailq down to the 16 messages which is a more normal
level of account registration abuse noise.  I'll double check them all
more deeply later but a quick scan looked like all routine now.

I rebooted the system because I wanted to verify that everything at
least starts happy after a reboot.  It rebooted okay and booted up
cleanly with everything running and systemd in a the "running" state.

    root@frontend1:~# systemctl status
    + frontend1
        State: running
         Jobs: 0 queued
       Failed: 0 units
        Since: Wed 2020-10-07 17:23:55 EDT; 5min ago

    root@frontend1:~# systemctl list-units --state=failed
    0 loaded units listed.  ...

Thank you for the problem report and sorry for the delay in getting
the problem resolved.

Bob

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Email notifications from bug tracker

mmuetzel
Am 07. Oktober 2020 um 23:31 Uhr schrieb "Bob Proulx":
> I kicked systemd to restart the service and things appear happy now.
>
>
> Thank you for the problem report and sorry for the delay in getting
> the problem resolved.
>
> Bob
>

Thank you very much for your support. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Please, don't worry about any delay. I was just worried I didn't use the correct way of contacting you, or that something was broken in a way that prevented my message from reaching you.

Markus