For loop is not completing- Octave needs to be stopped

SGM

For loop is not completing- Octave needs to be stopped

SGM
Hi All,
I am trying to implement the error logic as per attached PDF.

I am stuck up with for loop- the loop is not completing- I need to close the octave.

Can anyone help me identify the issue?

Regards,
Swagata

ct_error.m (1K) Download Attachment
For Loop Problem.pdf (1011K) Download Attachment
SGM

Re: For loop is not completing- Octave needs to be stopped

SGM
Hi All,
I forgot to attach the data file.

Regards,
Swagata

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 6:32 PM swagata Mukherjee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
I am trying to implement the error logic as per attached PDF.

I am stuck up with for loop- the loop is not completing- I need to close the octave.

Can anyone help me identify the issue?

Regards,
Swagata

TRACES.mat (481K) Download Attachment

Re: For loop is not completing- Octave needs to be stopped

mmuetzel
Am 26. November 2020 um 14:02 Uhr schrieb "swagata Mukherjee":
> Hi All,
> I am trying to implement the error logic as per attached PDF.

> I am stuck up with for loop- the loop is not completing- I need to close the octave.

> Can anyone help me identify the issue?

> Regards,
> Swagata

You are flooding the command line with output which might cause the slow down you are seeing.
Consider terminating commands with ";" for which you don't need to see the results immediately.

Does that help?

Markus

SGM

Re: For loop is not completing- Octave needs to be stopped

SGM
Dear Markus,
Thanks and it worked.

Could you also advise me if the for loop can be executed with increment 2 instead of 1.

Regards,
Swagata

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 6:55 PM Markus Mützel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 26. November 2020 um 14:02 Uhr schrieb "swagata Mukherjee":
> Hi All,
> I am trying to implement the error logic as per attached PDF.

> I am stuck up with for loop- the loop is not completing- I need to close the octave.

> Can anyone help me identify the issue?

> Regards,
> Swagata

You are flooding the command line with output which might cause the slow down you are seeing.
Consider terminating commands with ";" for which you don't need to see the results immediately.

Does that help?

Markus

Re: For loop is not completing- Octave needs to be stopped

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020, 10:49 AM swagata Mukherjee, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Markus,
Thanks and it worked.

Could you also advise me if the for loop can be executed with increment 2 instead of 1.

For k=1:2:55
Will increment by 2