Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package

Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package

Luca Favatella
Hi,

Years ago I planted the "ga" package as part of a University project
though I have not actually maintained it so I would like to formally
step down as maintainer.

I see myself listed as maintainer at https://octave.sourceforge.io/ga/index.html
I would be grateful if you removed me as maintainer from there. If you
pointed me to how to do so (I expect in this case I would need some
credentials ...) I would be happy to. Please feel free to unlist the
package if easier.

I had thought I would have eventually found time to get back to it
though I was wrong.

Thanks and regards
Luca

Re: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package

siko1056
On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:39 AM Luca Favatella <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Years ago I planted the "ga" package as part of a University project
though I have not actually maintained it so I would like to formally
step down as maintainer.

I see myself listed as maintainer at https://octave.sourceforge.io/ga/index.html
I would be grateful if you removed me as maintainer from there. If you
pointed me to how to do so (I expect in this case I would need some
credentials ...) I would be happy to. Please feel free to unlist the
package if easier.

I had thought I would have eventually found time to get back to it
though I was wrong.

Thanks and regards
Luca

Dear Luca,

Thank you for sharing your "ga" package with us.  It is likely, that your request of being removed from the OF-website gets lost on this mailing-list.  I am not involved into OF yet, but if you are one of the members [1], you might be able to create a ticket [2] so your request is not forgotten.

Best regards,
Kai

Re: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package

Olaf Till-2
On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:35:45PM +0200, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:39 AM Luca Favatella <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Years ago I planted the "ga" package as part of a University project
> > though I have not actually maintained it so I would like to formally
> > step down as maintainer.
> >
> > I see myself listed as maintainer at
> > https://octave.sourceforge.io/ga/index.html
> > I would be grateful if you removed me as maintainer from there. If you
> > pointed me to how to do so (I expect in this case I would need some
> > credentials ...) I would be happy to. Please feel free to unlist the
> > package if easier.
> >
> > I had thought I would have eventually found time to get back to it
> > though I was wrong.
> >
> > Thanks and regards
> > Luca
> >

> Dear Luca,
>
> Thank you for sharing your "ga" package with us.  It is likely, that your
> request of being removed from the OF-website gets lost on this
> mailing-list.  I am not involved into OF yet, but if you are one of the
> members [1], you might be able to create a ticket [2] so your request is
> not forgotten.
>
> Best regards,
> Kai
>
> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/_members/
> [2] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/
Well, I've set the package to 'unmaintained' now... There were a few
commits since the last release (2012), but no release. If anyone has a
good reason to object to the change, I'll revert it.

Luca, this means that no link to this package is listed anymore by our
website. However, as for the other unmaintained packages, the packages
index page can still be reached by its URL. I wouldn't change the
index page, since it truely states that you had been the maintainer of
this (old) release. If this should be a problem for you, there is the
possibility to remove the packages index page entirely (if nobody
objects to it for some good reason).

Olaf

RE: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package

John Donoghue-3
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 16:28:02 +0200
> From: Olaf Till <[hidden email]>
> To: Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Luca Favatella <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package
>
> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:35:45PM +0200, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
> > On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:39 AM Luca Favatella <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Years ago I planted the "ga" package as part of a University project
> > > though I have not actually maintained it so I would like to formally
> > > step down as maintainer.
> > >
> > > I see myself listed as maintainer at
> > > https://octave.sourceforge.io/ga/index.html
> > > I would be grateful if you removed me as maintainer from there. If you
> > > pointed me to how to do so (I expect in this case I would need some
> > > credentials ...) I would be happy to. Please feel free to unlist the
> > > package if easier.
> > >
> > > I had thought I would have eventually found time to get back to it
> > > though I was wrong.
> > >
> > > Thanks and regards
> > > Luca
> > >

> > Dear Luca,
> >
> > Thank you for sharing your "ga" package with us.  It is likely, that
your

> > request of being removed from the OF-website gets lost on this
> > mailing-list.  I am not involved into OF yet, but if you are one of the
> > members [1], you might be able to create a ticket [2] so your request is
> > not forgotten.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Kai
> >
> > [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/_members/
> > [2] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/
>
> Well, I've set the package to 'unmaintained' now... There were a few
> commits since the last release (2012), but no release. If anyone has a
> good reason to object to the change, I'll revert it.
>
> Luca, this means that no link to this package is listed anymore by our
> website. However, as for the other unmaintained packages, the packages
> index page can still be reached by its URL. I wouldn't change the
> index page, since it truely states that you had been the maintainer of
> this (old) release. If this should be a problem for you, there is the
> possibility to remove the packages index page entirely (if nobody
> objects to it for some good reason).
>
> Olaf

I'll willing to at least maintain the package.

I looks like the last commit was from me anyway.

Taking a quick look at the issue tracker, I see one bug with a patch
included

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 01:36:44PM -0400, JohnD wrote:

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 16:28:02 +0200
> > From: Olaf Till <[hidden email]>
> > To: Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]>
> > Cc: Luca Favatella <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package
> >
> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:35:45PM +0200, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> > > Dear Luca,
> > >
> > > Thank you for sharing your "ga" package with us.  It is likely, that
> your
> > > request of being removed from the OF-website gets lost on this
> > > mailing-list.  I am not involved into OF yet, but if you are one of the
> > > members [1], you might be able to create a ticket [2] so your request is
> > > not forgotten.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Kai
> > >
> > > [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/_members/
> > > [2] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/
> >
> > Well, I've set the package to 'unmaintained' now... There were a few
> > commits since the last release (2012), but no release. If anyone has a
> > good reason to object to the change, I'll revert it.
> >
> > Luca, this means that no link to this package is listed anymore by our
> > website. However, as for the other unmaintained packages, the packages
> > index page can still be reached by its URL. I wouldn't change the
> > index page, since it truely states that you had been the maintainer of
> > this (old) release. If this should be a problem for you, there is the
> > possibility to remove the packages index page entirely (if nobody
> > objects to it for some good reason).
> >
> > Olaf
>

> I'll willing to at least maintain the package.
>
> I looks like the last commit was from me anyway.
>
> Taking a quick look at the issue tracker, I see one bug with a patch
> included

Ok, very nice -- but since Luca seems to prefer not to have the
package listed as long as he is named as the maintainer, I'd suggest
that we leave the packages status set to 'unmaintained' until a new
release is made (with either you or Octave-Forge community as the
maintainer, whatever you think is suitable). Is that ok for you?

Olaf

RE: Formally stepping down as maintainer for "ga" package

John Donoghue-3

That's fine -  I'll work on a bug release version in the next week or so (I
hope)