Function ILU

Giovanni Matteo Fumarola
Dear all,
I'm Giovanni Matteo Fumarola, a italian student of Computer Science of Politecnico di Milano.
For a university project, I want to realize a ILU function, this is missing in Octave.
I send you this mail for know if someone has working about it, and some information about octave standard for development.

Best Regard
Fumarola GM

Re: Function ILU

marco atzeri-2
On 11/4/2012 11:48 PM, Giovanni Matteo Fumarola wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm Giovanni Matteo Fumarola, a italian student of Computer Science of
> Politecnico di Milano.
> For a university project, I want to realize a ILU function, this is
> missing in Octave.
> I send you this mail for know if someone has working about it, and some
> information about octave standard for development.
>
> Best Regard
> Fumarola GM

Hi Giovanni,
are you planning to add the fuction as addon package or
as core octave function ?

In the second case the right mailing list is:

Regards
MArco

Re: Function ILU

c.-2

On 4 Nov 2012, at 23:58, marco atzeri wrote:

> On 11/4/2012 11:48 PM, Giovanni Matteo Fumarola wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I'm Giovanni Matteo Fumarola, a italian student of Computer Science of
>> Politecnico di Milano.
>> For a university project, I want to realize a ILU function, this is
>> missing in Octave.
>> I send you this mail for know if someone has working about it, and some
>> information about octave standard for development.
>>
>> Best Regard
>> Fumarola GM
>>

> Hi Giovanni,
> are you planning to add the fuction as addon package or
> as core octave function ?
>
> In the second case the right mailing list is:
>
> Regards
> MArco

Giovanni,

ILU is a core Matlab function so it should go into core Octave in principle
as Marco suggested.

On the other hand, Octave has more strict requirements for accepting contributed code than Octave-Forge,
so I suggest you start by contributing your function to the Octave-Forge in the package linear_algebra
and then we can help you moving it into Octave later.

Anyway it is a good idea to ask on the maintainers list as well to know if someone else is working on this.

Here is some general info about contributing to Octave:
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html#Contributing-Guidelines

and to Octave Forge:
http://wiki.octave.org/Contributing_to_the_development_of_packages/modules

Welcome to Octave!