Fwd: Commercial license

Ramazan GUNEY

Hello ,

I am working at a commercial company . Can i use your Octave software ? Do i need any license for using Octave software ?

Best Regards

Ramazan

Re: Commercial license

siko1056
On 1/16/20 1:39 PM, Ramazan GUNEY wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I am working at a commercial company . Can i use your Octave software ?
> Do i need any license for using Octave software ?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Ramazan

Hello Ramazan,

Octave is free software under the GNU General Public License 3 [1].
This license allows you/your company to run, copy, distribute, study,
change and improve the software [2] however you want and for whatsoever
purpose.  This is true for private and professional/commercial use.

If you want to bundle Octave with your company's closed source software,
 there are restrictions you should ask separately about or consult our
wiki [3].

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
[3] https://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#Licensing_issues

Re: Fwd: Commercial license

Benson Muite

Hi Ramazan,

Thanks for your message and for using Octave. Your question is more suited to the Octave help list which you should subscribe to:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/support.html

Nevertheless, to answer your question yes you can use Octave software. You do not need to purchase a license to use Octave software, but you may wish to have your legal deparment examine the GPL license which Octave is distributed under:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/about.html

You can get commercial support for using Octave software:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/commercial-support.html

Should you find the software useful, donations (either cash or paying for developers, possibly in your company or elsewhere to extend functionality) would be appreciated:

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/donate.html