Fwd: Question!

Victor Hugo Borda Yepes
Hello!
   I am student in Master Mechanical Engineering.  I want know

  I am student of Master in Mechanical Engineering from the National University
  of Colombia. I want to know if you have any development of a toolboxt for GPU
  processors applied to Octave.

Not that I know of, because currently there don't seem to be any free
software tools that can take advantage of GPUs.

On  7-Jun-2012, Victor Hugo Borda Yepes wrote:

| Hello!
|   Mr. Eaton.
|   I am student in Master Mechanical Engineering.  I want know
|
| I am student of Master in Mechanical Engineering from the National University
| of Colombia. I want to know if you have any development of a toolboxt for GPU
| processors applied to Octave.

Not that I know of, because currently there don't seem to be any free
software tools that can take advantage of GPUs.

I recommend you use the [hidden email] mailing list for further
questions and discussion about Octave, or check out the #octave IRC
channel on freenode.

VÍCTOR HUGO BORDA-YEPES
Estudiante de Maestría Ingeniería Mecánica
Facultad de Minas, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Medellín.

Re: Question!

Markus Bergholz
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Victor Hugo Borda Yepes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>    I am student in Master Mechanical Engineering.  I want know
>
>   I am student of Master in Mechanical Engineering from the National
> University
>   of Colombia. I want to know if you have any development of a toolboxt for
> GPU
>   processors applied to Octave.
>
> Not that I know of, because currently there don't seem to be any free
> software tools that can take advantage of GPUs.

A german student (Ronny Lindner) has written his degree dissertation
about this topic.

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpubman.mpdl.mpg.de%2Fpubman%2Fitem%2Fescidoc%3A790634%3A2%2Fcomponent%2Fescidoc%3A790632%2Fdiplomarbeit.pdf&ei=_S3RT7fYO8qU-wbv3eDpDQ&usg=AFQjCNHrMbConGdf_bwcVcRaZplsXEqYSg

but it's in german language and i don't know if this may help you.