GCC of MinGW was updated to 4.5.0

tmacchant
Hello

For those who to build octave from source on MinGW platform.

GCC of MinGW was updated to 4.5.0 on March 13, 2010.

>From this release, linking shared runtime libraries are default except for C.

>From release note
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW%20Proposed/gcc-4.5.0_20100311-1/gcc-4.5.0_20100311-1-mingw32.RELEASE_NOTES.txt/view
**********
* Shared libgcc: If all modules are linked with -shared-libgcc,
  exceptions can be thrown across DLL boundaries.  Note that this is
  the default for all languages other than C. To disable this, use
  -static-libgcc.

* Shared libstdc++: By default, C++ modules are linked with a DLL version
  of libstdc++. To use the static version, use the -static-libstdc++ flag.
*********

The above change will be useful for libtool build for the development branch.
I have just been noticed. I will try it from now

Regards

Tatsuro

--------------------------------------
Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/

Re: GCC of MinGW was updated to 4.5.0

tmacchant
Hello

I have found a problem that gcc-4.5.0 may not work correct when it is not installed in C:\MinGW.
This is not good at octave packaging like current octave-3.2.3/mingw.

But this bug(?) can be avoided by addinf -I/mingw/include

Please see the threads,
http://old.nabble.com/gcc-4.5.0-:-Is-flag--I-mingw-include-always-needed---td27901832.html

I moved my mingw directory to c:\MinGW and try to test build octave by new gcc.

Regards

Tatsuro

VANCOUVER 2010 PARALYMPIC GAMES News
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/para/

Re: GCC of MinGW was updated to 4.5.0

tmacchant
Hello

The bug has been fixed and new package can be downloaded from mingw site.

Regards

Tatsuro